Is it possible to anonymize my number?
donnwest

I would like to be able to anonyize my number when making outbound calls.....for example, my wife's phone will not send her number with first dialing an "82" before the dialed number so the other end can see her number.  Is this feature available?  How do I get it activated?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to anonymize my number?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change the Share Name ID in your My Verizon account if you're the Account Owner and logged in as such.  Of course, that would make the change on all calls from now on.

You also can dial *67 and then the number you're calling if you just want to block your number on a per-call basis.  The *82 option also should work.  When logged in to My Verizon, go to Change Features and add Caller ID Blocking to your line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to anonymize my number?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change the Share Name ID in your My Verizon account if you're the Account Owner and logged in as such.  Of course, that would make the change on all calls from now on.

You also can dial *67 and then the number you're calling if you just want to block your number on a per-call basis.  The *82 option also should work.  When logged in to My Verizon, go to Change Features and add Caller ID Blocking to your line.

0 Likes