Issues with wifi connection after upgrading to iOS6.
lschons76

Does anybody know of an fix that actually works to fix a phone not connecting to wifi with iOS6?  I have tried I think every suggestion people have listed on here and on the apple forums and nothing works.

Here is what I've tried so far:

Resetting the network setting on my phone - didn't work

Tried turning off the Cellular Data suggestion - didn't work

I have done the hard reset on my phone and restored it - didn't work

I have tried changing the security settings on my router - didn't work

I bought a new router because my previous one was a few years old - didn't solve my issue. I know it's not my router, I have other devices in my home that connect to the router as they should.

I would really appreciate some help with this to get my wifi working again.  I'm also having the same issue like others that since the iOS upgrade my phone also seems to be using data at about double the rate it used to.  In 9 days I've used over 1GB of my 2GB plan and that is ridiculous, I'm only using my phone for email which I don't get any large attachments and some random surfing the internet.  It never used this much data before when I was somewhere where I couldn't connect to wifi.

Is Apple working on fixing this or is it an Verizion issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with wifi connection after upgrading to iOS6.
junior509
Contributor - Level 1

That's crazy I would recommend you to try a different wifi and let me know your result

0 Likes
GinaL329

I am having the exact same issue since i instaaled the update. I have terrible 3G connection as well and my Iphone will not find the WiFi in my house at all! In addition, my battery life is horrible. Help someone!

0 Likes
Issues with wifi connection after upgrading to iOS6.
lschons76

I have tried two different wifi routers and my phone will not connect to either one of them.  The phone connected to my original router with no issues before updating to iOS6.  That to me says its an issue with the phone and not my router.

0 Likes
lschons76

I went to an Apple Store today to see if they could help me out at all with this issue.  I had found out that my phone will connect to wifi at work and amazingly at the Apple Store, just not at my house.  Here is what they told me after I had run down all the options of what I had tried to change with them and nothing worked.  Came to the conclusion that it is more than likely a software issue and after doing some research at the store Apple is aware of the problem they told me.  Apple is working on correcting the issue and is beta testing an updated iOS at the moment and just need to be patient for them to release it.  The only immediate fix they gave me as an option was to purchase an Apple router for the time being and that should cure the connection problem.  Since I had just purchased a new router a couple weeks ago I didn't feel like buying another one.  So I hope this will help some people that have been searching for an answer to this problem like I have and have gotten no help from anywhere...

0 Likes
lugotx

This sucks... I'm experiencing the same thing.  Even the new replacement phone is doing the same thing.  10 days later & absolutely nothing has improved.  Everyone in my family that has upgraded to iOs6 has started having issues. 

0 Likes
spiveydobbs

I tried all the same fixes you did, and nothing worked. Downloaded the latest update this morning (6.0.1). I'm guessing this is the update they mentioned to you at the Apple store - do you know? I'm still experiencing issues, though. On the Apple forums, they're saying even if they got a replacement phone from Apple, the issue is still there. So no idea what else to do except sell this piece of crap and upgrade to a better (non-Apple) phone.

0 Likes
Mangie

I am having the same problem.  It just blows  my mind that I can connect to Wi-Fi everywhere except at home!   It is so weird!   This is driving me crazy.   I have tried most of the things that everyone else has and nothing works..

0 Likes
Vadar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issues and phone locks up constantly! Got new refurbished and spent 2 days trying to get that up and running. Iphones Suck!!

0 Likes
timlee_watertown

Just purchased 4s phone.  It continues to drop the wifi at home.  Go back into settings to reconnect it to wifi and it drops it again.  The settings are also suppost to ask to join other networks but no window ever pops up to join other networks.  I also have thru work an 3gs thru ATT and it has no issues what so ever with the wifi in my home.  Any have any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Likes