Itunes music on iPhone 4
BBerryTour26

Since maybe updating to IOS5, sometimes when my screen is locked, the music automatically plays and it never done it before, is there any way that I can make that not happen? The songs are from itunes so they are mine but they just show up and start playing. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Itunes music on iPhone 4
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It is normal...it was meant to make those features accesible to users without having to unlock to use  them. You can read about this on the Apple site. What you originally stated was that the music was playing by itself, which is not the case at all. Just a glance at the following link will show an image of what you are seeing and the short blurb associated with it will state that you can access the camera on the lock screen (this example states this because I went to the camera portion of the info...but you can clearly see the image showing everything I stated your screen is showing and now understand to be what you were referring to...which again, is normal). http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html#camera

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

That's odd...perhaps try resetting or restoring the device to see if that fixes the issue. I have never heard of that occurring so I can't think of anything else that may help.

0 Likes
BBerryTour26
Yeah I never heard of that either and it just did it, I thought maybe there was a setting but I checked. If you come across anything like that, please let me know! Thanks!
0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

BBerryTour26, Are you still having this happen with songs randomly playing? 

I too, have never heard of this happening. As suggested previously, you may need to back up/sync with iTunes.

Once you have done that, you should reset the iPhone to see if the random music playing persists.

0 Likes
BBerryTour26
yeah, its still doing it. I restored my phone to factory settings, set it up as a new phone and still doing it. I don't have songs on my phone now and still doing it!
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

BBerryTour26 wrote:
yeah, its still doing it. I restored my phone to factory settings, set it up as a new phone and still doing it. I don't have songs on my phone now and still doing it!

What is it playing if you don't have any songs on your phone? I do know that if the home key is double clicked while the phone is locked it is able to play your music if the play arrow is touched...that is the only thing I can think of that could possibly be going on. Just can't understand what your phone could be playing if you took all of the music off....

0 Likes
BBerryTour26
I didn't play it yet but its still doing it. Next time it comes up, I will play it. I never heard of a phone doing this, especially if there are no songs on my phone, though I have Pandora but I am pretty sure it did it before I downloaded that. Yeah, it just comes up automatically, don't press nothing.
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ok so it's not actually playing music...the option to play the music via the lock screen comes up. This isn't abnormal at all. It's an option available to keep you from having to unlock the screen to do so. That and the option to use the camera without unlocking the screen (the camera icon should also be showing when you see this down by the unlock slider) are normal.

0 Likes
BBerryTour26
Yeah, it comes up- I have to hit play so it can play then it plays the song. The camera is on the lock bar also, how is this normal?It only does it sometimes and when it does, I can play the song. I never heard of this feature before.
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It is normal...it was meant to make those features accesible to users without having to unlock to use  them. You can read about this on the Apple site. What you originally stated was that the music was playing by itself, which is not the case at all. Just a glance at the following link will show an image of what you are seeing and the short blurb associated with it will state that you can access the camera on the lock screen (this example states this because I went to the camera portion of the info...but you can clearly see the image showing everything I stated your screen is showing and now understand to be what you were referring to...which again, is normal). http://www.apple.com/ios/features.html#camera

0 Likes