Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ive gone to the "DARKSIDE"
Derek_Jeter

After 3 years and many Android phones ive done it ive really done it. I had the best android phones you can think off. Just recently i had the Galaxy Nexus and i have to tell you that it was a great phone but even the Nexus couldnt escape the android curse. It would freeze, lag, and too many battery pulls. Bottom line, after having the Nexus for a month i bought an evil phone. Th iphone 4s. I have to say after a week i am impressed. No lag no freezing. I love this phone, but i just have a couple of questions i hope you people can help me.

1. When i have the bluetooth on and im trying to stream music thru the bluetooth to my car stereo themusic sounds like its on fast forward. Is there a way to fix that?

2.I thought i had Iphone I.M. My contacts that have iphone should have the option to I.M right? The same goes for Facetime?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ive gone to the "DARKSIDE"
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Derek_Jeter,

I'm glad to hear you are loving your Iphone!  When you have this opportunity with the music being streamed through the car stereo does this happen no matter what you are streaming from?  For example, does it sound this way if you are streaming from the music player on the phone, Pandora and Youtube or just one specific source?  If this only occurs with one specific source try uninstalling the application or clearing cache on the application if you are unable to uninstall and retest.  If this happens no matter what please advise me.  Yes, if you are communicating with another Iphone user you do have the option to facetime or IMessage them. When you tap on the contact you will see the option for facetime and when you proceed with the act of sending a normal text message the phone will automatically recognize and the message will turn from green to blue and you will see IMessage title at the top of the screen. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or further understanding.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Derek_Jeter

It sounds like that when i stream from the music app so i guess its from the native app. It sounds like they are on fast forward. The contacts that have an iphone do not show the options of either Facetime or IMessage.  Any help would be great.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Derek_Jeter,

Thank you for the information.  I would like to suggest a few things to assist with the Facetime and IMessage option availability first.  From the device navigate to Settings>Facetime or Settings>Phone>Facetime and make sure the Facetime option is on.  If this is already on turn it off and back on and go to contacts,select a name and see if you see the option for Facetime.  If this does not work go to Settings>General>Reset All Settings.  (This will erase passwords & settings but no data) After the reset please search for Facetime option in a contact.  If you are still unsuccessful you will need to restore your device from Itunes as you plug your device into the pc.  (Please back up prior)  Follow visuals here  Once this is done begin with the first suggestion for success.  For the IMessage suggestions the process will be similar.  Navigate to Settings>Messages>Turn IMessage on and Send as SMS on.  If it is already on turn off and back on.  If this is the first time turning the setting on you will see a message stating the feature is activating and you will need to follow the prompts to complete the set up.  (Keep in mind the info I advised in previous post about IMessaging)  As for the music through the car bluetooh I have a clarifying question I would like to ask.  Are you playing podcast/audiobook or mp3?  If it is a podcast/audiobook you can adjust a setting to slow down.  Follow steps at this link (page 62).  If you are playing mp3 since you only have this opportunity through the music app there may have been an error when syncing music so try unsyncing music and re-syncing music and retest.  If you are still unsuccessful please complete a restore through Itunes. (Instructions above)  I hope this information helps you.  Please let me know.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

You will not see "iMessage" in contacts. You will see "Send Message" regardless of if the contact is an eligible iMessage receiver or just a regular text message (non-iPhone or iOS device user). When you are actually creating the message if they are an eligible iMessage receiver the word "iMessage" will show in the text box before you start typing your message. Also, the contact name would be blue. Otherwise, the contact name would be green and the word in the text box would say "Text Message". After the messaging begins you will notice that the text bubbles to the other person will be blue for iMessages or green for all other text messages.

0 Likes
gina7239

I was going say same thing as k. If u put in the phone number or add from contacts it will change. If u don't want it to send as text if iMessage isent working u can put that to off as well. Sometimes it appears blue then sends turns green. It's not fool proof but I love it. I like iheartradio for music and connecting my iPod to my car. Maybe it's to close to the speaker I had some noise when the phone was close to a bluetooth speaker once.

0 Likes
josbrown931

i have the same issue and it is the phone findintg the stereo in your car nothing more than that yes it is anoying but goes away fast. i have a ford escape with sync and the only thing that i can think of that will fix is to upgrade the software in the radio.

0 Likes