Korean iPhone 4S with Verizon?
ak1117

Hey all,

I've been a VZW customer for about 6 years now, and I just wanted to ask a quick question.

I've been in Korea for a while due to work, and while here I received a Korean iPhone 4S as a gift and would like to use it when I get back stateside.

Searching for info here and there, it seems my phone will be able to work with AT&T by just purchasing a SIM card, but I wasn't able to find much info about this for Verizon.

I'd like to stay as a Verizon customer and wanted to know if this is possible. I know Korea and AT&T are all GSM, but technically speaking the 4S is also compatible with CDMA so I'm sure it will work but what I'm wondering is if Verizon will allow this.

The best option for me would be that VZW will register my phone to work so I won't have to switch carriers. I really do want to stick with VZW.

Let me know people! Thanks in advance for all the help.

AK

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Korean iPhone 4S with Verizon?
budone
Legend

Hey there, unless the phone is branded VZW, the ESN will not be in their system and can not be activated on it.

0 Likes
ak1117

Hey budone,

thanks for your reply. I kind of figured this would be the case, but is there any way to get my phone's ESN on the system? Honestly saying it would just be a matter of typing a couple letters to get it registered. I'd even be willing to pay a little extra.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ak1117 wrote:

Hey budone,

thanks for your reply. I kind of figured this would be the case, but is there any way to get my phone's ESN on the system? Honestly saying it would just be a matter of typing a couple letters to get it registered. I'd even be willing to pay a little extra.

Afraid not. They like the revenue from the phone sales. AND the associated two year contracts

0 Likes
ak1117

Thanks once again budone,

what if don't mind extending my contract another 2 years then? Wouldn't VZW be able to do at least something about it? It's better than losing a customer I would think. Or am I, unfortunately, just 1 of a billion customers so they could care less?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is not that they would care less, VZW really protects their system by limiting what devices can be used on it.

0 Likes