Loss of 3g, Wifi, signal off & on, phone keeps freezing, ringer works off & on
Thigpenbs

Over the past 3 weeks I have been experiencing a lot of problems with my phone. My 3G (when its on) goes in and out, the little circle comes up, I lose signal repeatedly, drop calls, error sending and receiving text, Wifi goes in and out even though we have full signal and my husband is sitting next to me on his wifi and our computer is connected fine. It is constantly freezing up, taking almost 2 minutes at the most to unfreeze. The ringer will ring for one call but not for the next and its the same with text messages. I have done both a hard and soft reset and the problem keeps on....what is going on with my phone? I purchased in Oct 2012 so I haven't even had it a year.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Loss of 3g, Wifi, signal off & on, phone keeps freezing, ringer works off & on
Thigpenbs

Anyone???

0 Likes
Re: Loss of 3g, Wifi, signal off & on, phone keeps freezing, ringer works off & on
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In an area with a strong VZW signal, dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the network. Reboot the phone. Dial *228, option 2 to update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your iPhone 4 Thigpenbs! What is your zip code? Are you having these difficulties in more than one area? Is this mostly with indoor locations? We will figure this out!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thigpenbs

31602. It happens all over town, indoors and outside. I've already reprogrammed the network and it still continues. We've been with Verizon for the past 4-6 years and I have never experienced dropped calls until now. Several times yesterday using safari, facebook, and my mobile banking app on 3g I would get the messages "Safari cannot connect due to no internet connection" "Network has failed" and "No network connection available". I had the 3g showing up, not the circle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Thigpenbs! Are you near any other Verizon Wireless users that are experiencing the same or successful? This will help me identify if you are encountering a device or area issue. Please try resetting network settings here http://vz.to/17zy6hc and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thigpenbs

No one else that I know with Verizon is experiencing these problems. I reset the network last night and the same things are still going on. Standing right next to my husband just a few hours ago I had zero signal or 3G services and was on extended while he had 5 bars, 4G service and on Verizon. This is clearly something with my phone in particular.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thigpenbs, thanks for these details. I agree with you. There's definitely something up with your device. I recommend that you back up your device to iCloud in settings. Once your information is backed up and safely saved, then you will need to hard reset your device in Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. I trust that this hard reset will be helpful and improve the performance of your device.

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thigpenbs

I've already completed 2 hard resets, 3 soft resets and numerous calls to *228 option 1, phone reboot *228 option 2. I guess the next step is to call support and have them send me another one since my phone is still under warranty.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your hard work and determination in trying to resolve this behavior, Thigpenbs. I know this must be a difficult thing to deal with. At this time, I believe we need to review other options with you directly. Please search my handle (DionM_VZW) and request to "Follow". Once I get that, I'll send you a message asking for your account and contact info to reach out to you.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes