Re: Lost Contacts
RandyH

I am having this same problem today, All my contacts disappeared. Yesterday my messages were gone and then they came back but wouldn't delete.  I am trying the general info you wrote before. Is this all do to the problem reported on the news a few days ago. Were 4S phones hacked? I still have no contacts after following your directions! I have never wned a phone that I have had so much trouble with!!!

0 Likes
RandyH

OK the contacts finally popped back in!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Suzi.Hansboro,

Oh my! Double contact entries can be annoying. If you go to Phone>Contacts> click on Groups, which groups are checked? Do you have your contacts backed up to more than one group listed here? You can uncheck one group at a time to see if it makes a difference in the duplicate entries. Keep me posted per we want to make sure that your issue is resolved.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
palsheri

My husband and I were using the same log in for back up so I guess that's why our contacts merged. He has since set up his own log in and I had to manually delete the contacts. All set now.

0 Likes
Coach_Craig

I was getting messages that the my icloud storage was out of space so I turned off the setting that was backing up my contacts in the iCloud.  (Settings > iCloud > Contacts).  I assumed since I had backup assistant on my phone, I was covered.  However, after calling Verizon Wireless support this morning because my contacts disappeared, was told that I need to keep that on - that is what is backing up my contacts.  So, flipped the switch and in about 2 minutes, all my contacts had returned!  Yeah for that!

Hope this helps the next person who has this issue.

0 Likes
jansfluffy

Where do you find the Trash,

to reset your contacts.

I'M from the rock & stick

Generation. Please help????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Jansfluffy,

I'm sorry for the confusion. I would be more than happy to help. To find the trash to restore your contacts please visit,http://vz.to/1if2y51 for steps.

Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jeff_g1

Me too!  Sometime yesterday all my contacts disappeared from my phone.  At first it showed none at all, now it just shows my FB contacts.  I had Backup Assistant installed but when I synced it sent my FB contacts out and downloaded nothing to my phone.  All my contacts exist here in the Manage Contacts section of My Verizon (I also have them downloaded as a .csv file) but I can't seem to find a way to restore them to my phone.  I installed Verizon Cloud but I don't want to sync it for fear it will wipe my contacts that exist online...help!  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeff.g We surely don't want you to lose your contacts. You can save your contactsto your sim and sd card (if applicable) then run the Verizon cloud backup

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes