MMS Messages
Bblack31

I am unable to send or recieve MMS messages through my Iphone to other carriers.  Anyone else having problems or know of a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Messages
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

Go to settings and select messages, and make sure mms messaging is turned on.  I was having that trouble and that was the problem.  I hope this fixes your problem.

Bblack31 wrote:

I am unable to send or recieve MMS messages through my Iphone to other carriers.  Anyone else having problems or know of a solution?

0 Likes
Bblack31

MMS Messaging is turned on.  I can't seem to send or recieve from even Verizon users.  I guess I am going to have to call Verizon.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your feedback. Adding to the suggestion provided, perhaps you can power cycle your device to see if it refreshes your connection. Afterward retry sending a MMS message. Also, ask someone to try and send you a MMS message. Please make sure that the once your sending the MMS message has a device able to receive a MMS message and that they have not blocked their phone from receiving MMS messages.

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

I recommend resetting your phone.  This reset will not erase any of your personal data.  Please use the reset instructions that I have highlighted in red.   You can also find these and other instructions in your online manual.  I have provided a link to your manual below:

Resetting iPhone

Reset all settings: Choose General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

Erase all content and settings: Connect iPhone to your computer or a power adapter. Choose General > Reset and tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”

This resets all settings, and erases all your information and media by removing the encryption key to the data (which is encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption).

Reset network settings: Choose General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.

When you reset network settings, your list of previously used networks and VPN settings not installed by a configuration profile are removed. Wi-Fi is turned off and then back on, disconnecting you from any network you’re on. The Wi-Fi and “Ask to Join Networks” settings are left turned on.

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5595&m=

0 Likes
TimJC

none of these fixes work. i've tried them numerous times. really getting tired of these crap products!!!!

0 Likes
ram130
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just relax. Call Verizon and ask for technical  support. Tell them you've gone through all troubleshooting procedures. Tell them to try a network reset and add you back to the system. I've had this issue two times with my DX.

Good luck.

Ramon

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello TimJC,

Are you still having this issue? If so, it may be a provisioning issue. May I ask you to send me a private message with your mobile number and a contact number so I can investigate this issue. Please refer to this message when to send me a PM.

Thank you...

0 Likes