Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Major Problems with Verizon's iPhone 4 Mobile Hotspot
RALLYDIME
Who else is experiencing this extremely frustrating problem with Verizon's iPhone 4 mobile hotspot?  Has anyone figured out how to fix this or a definitive combination of settings that work?

I cannot connect to my iPhone 4 mobile hotspot without spending 15-20 minutes repeatedly changing settings with different combinations.  Such as: resetting network settings, turning personal hotspot on and off, turning Wi-Fi on and off, verifying Wi-Fi password, restarting the iPhone 4, restarting any device that I want to connect, restarting all devices
in different sequences. 

I have not found a combination of the above that will work more than once.  I have an extremely strong 3G signal and it doesn't matter what device I try to connect with e.g.: iPad, PC running windows, Mac, other iPhones, iPad2. 

This is extremely frustrating and I can't believe I'm paying for a service I cannot fully utilize.  Verizon likes that I pay for the plan, but doesn't like that I want to use all of my 4GB per month.

Keywords:
Major iPhone 4 mobile hotspot problems, iPhone 4 mobile hotspot with Verizon is extremely unreliable, Want to leave Verizon out of shear frustration with iPhone 4 mobile hotspot.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Major Problems with Verizon's iPhone 4 Mobile Hotspot
gina7289
Novice
I have hotspot

1. I turn on computer or device turn on wifi
2. Turn on hotspot.
If u have a code some phones with hotspots have different securities. The computer securities in network settings for ur phone device hotspot on computer under connect to a network has to match security that appears on ur phone hotspot.

For ex. If ur computer has that ur phone selected a version with a password but u decided one time to have no password through ur phone hotspot it won't work. My computer wont auto match the new setting from they security setting on phone if I do something different next time unless I don't have the computer remember the phone device.

Sorry if I explain it complicated.
0 Likes