Merging two accounts, dropping a line
MoBettaMama
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a More Everything Unlimited Talk and Text +3GB plan, with one iphone and one ipad on it.  My fiancé also has a Verizon plan, (a Nationwide 65+ Share 450) with two phones on it (one dumb phone. one iphone).

We would like to close his account and move his iphone only, keeping its existing number, onto my plan.  Two questions, please:

1) what will happen to my rate? and,

2) How do we do this?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Merging two accounts, dropping a line
Snn5
Legend

My Verizon FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Take a look at the section for AOL:  Assumption of Liability.  No plan changes will happen to your plan since you would only be taking over that other line and moving it to your account.  Is he out of contract on both phones?  If so, you are only adding the cost of his access fee. Of course, he can either cancel that basic phone or maintain it separately.

MoBettaMama
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the fast response, Snn5.  His access fee is $40; so our mutual account would be my current rate + $40, and his bill (about $113) would go away entirely, leaving us with a $73 savings?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, if he is out of contract on both lines, then he will save by dropping the basic phone costs and then save by adding to your plan and dropping his.  If he is under contract, that might be different.

0 Likes