Mobile Hotspot
sguidish

I can not get mobile hotspot to work on my acer laptops with my iphone 4...my compaq laptop and dell desktop work just fine.  It says it's connected but there is no internet and it won't renew ip address....help please...when I used my acers with my palm cell phone the hotspot worked fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot
sguidish

also the acers won't work with my Galaxy Tabs hotspot either, but the rest of my computers are connecting fine.  I'ts something with the acers I guess, any ideas?  thanks in advance

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

I am not sure if this is the problem you are having, but I have noticed that on my iPhone, if I am connecting it to a new device (laptop, desktop, another phone, iPod, iPad, Android tablet, etc.) that it takes a while for the device to see the iPhone, then it takes a while for the device to register the iPhone has an internet connection, then it finally connects, but once it disconnected and reconnected to the same device, it works fine right away

If you wait a while and it still doesn't work, then it could be an issue or glitch with either the Acer or the OS it is running

0 Likes
sguidish
Thanks for the reply. After talking to a computer tech and verizon, both couldnt help me. I decided to call apple...although my problem really wasnt an apple problem, he helped me anyway...he told me to purchase a usb wireless router (inexpensive one), preferable N or G...that did the trick. Apparently the wireless in my acers was not compatable with the iphone. Cost me $30. I dont know if there was another solution to my problem, but it works now... Kudos to apple support.
0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello and thank you to the community for the great information provided. 

sguidish, I am glad to know that Apple was able to assist you further and resolved this issue. 

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Thank you, 

0 Likes