Moving iPhone 4S to a different Verizon line
shirokuro73

Hi all!

I have an iPhone 4S on my personal line, and a Droid Bionic on my corporate line.  Originally the Bionic was on the personal line, but I moved it to the corporate when the iPhone came.

I'm debating switching the two phones back (ie putting the Bionic back on the personal, and moving the iPhone to the corporate).  The main reason for this is that on my personal line I'm grandfathered into unlimited data, and when the Bionic was on that line, I had a $30 unlimited tethering option, which I've now lost due to the iPhone - which has a $20 2GB Tethering option, also EVDO instead of the Bionic's LTE.  If I move the Bionic back to the personal line - which will mean me having to go to a store and get a new LTE SIM card - then I should get the unlimited tethering option back.  (I know this works because a few months ago, I had a Thunderbolt on the personal line, temporarily swapped to a Blackberry, lost the tethering, then swapped back to the Thunderbolt and got the unlimited Tethering option back).

As you can see, I've done a lot of phone juggling the past few months, but with LTE phones (easy to swap SIM cards) and not with iPhones.

My real question is: to move the iPhone to my corporate line, do I just call the *228 number on the iPhone, or do I have to call Verizon to do it, given that the iPhone activation process (iTunes and all that) is different from either regular CDMA/EVDO phones, and LTE phones?

Thanks for any input!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Moving iPhone 4S to a different Verizon line
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would call on another phone and have vzwcs to do it because it might not let u switch it while its on another account.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Shirokuro73, thank you for your inquiry. Normally you would be able to activate an iPhone by dialing *228 since it was originally connected to iTunes. But as Gina mentioned, since the phone is still tied to another account, it may not allow you to complete the change that way. You can have the store complete this for you when you get your replacement SIM card or call into customer service at 800-922-0204. 

0 Likes
shirokuro73

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies, its much appreciated!  I'll definitely call customer support before I do anything about moving the iPhone to a different line on a different account!

Thanks again!

Craig

0 Likes