Moving photos from a Pc to Iphone
mnuttree

How is a easy way to move photos to my new Iphone from a PC ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moving photos from a Pc to Iphone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sync through itunes?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Zettegrl
Enthusiast - Level 1

If by chance you are not on your own computer and do not wan to sync through itunes you can just send  via email. Just select the picture and select to email it to yourself, I have used this method lots of times.

TSDan

I am having the same problem. All the stuff you read about how to do this says you select your iphone under devices in the left hand pane of itunes. I have the latest version of itunes installed (11 something) and there is no left hand pane. There is no 'devices' list to select from. When I connect the iphone to the USB cable there is a ding sound and then an icon that says iPhone appears over on the upper right part of itunes. There are no pull down menus about syncing photos anywhere. I ran the itunes diagnostics and everything passes.

I finnaly did the totally clumsy thing of emailing the photos to myself. There has to be a better way?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Itunes is not necessary to move photos to or from the iphone/computer or computer/iphone.

You plug in the usb cable without itunes open, your computer will ding to tell you that its connected and will assign a new drive letter. Open windows explorer. Click on the iphone drive and go to photos/gallery I forget the name for the photos folder. You can then select all or just the ones you want. Choose either copy, or cut (to remove from device) and the go to your windows pictures folder and select "paste"

That is it.

Good Luck

http://osxdaily.com/2010/07/10/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer/

0 Likes
TSDan

That is not the problem. It is easy to move things FROM the iphone TO the pc.

It's the other direction that does not work. Windows will not let you paste anything into the iphone. "Paste" is always grayed out.

iTunes does not have any way either?

Emailing myself photos is a rather clumsy, clunky way to do it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

iTunes does have the feature. Read this thread to learn how to do it.

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/threads/how-do-i-transfer-pictures-from-my-laptop-to-my-iphone....

0 Likes