Multiple calls dropping daily this week
TampaShelley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Monday morning I've had at Least 10 calls a day drop.  This is new to me after years of service with this company.  Anyone else experiencing a high volume of dropped calls this week?  Suggestions?  I have not downloaded the new iOS 7 yet.  This phone has never dropped a call before this week.   Previously I had a BlackBerry curve for many years. Rarely dropped a call I can't remember the last time a call was dropped other then the four or more dropped this evening.  The phone goes dead and the message says call failed.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple calls dropping daily this week
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there TampaShelley,

That's 10 too many dropped calls. Let's keep those calls flowing. Which make and model iPhone do you have? What zip code are you having issues in? Do you know of any other Verizon users having issues in your area?

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TampaShelley
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi there,

I have the iphone 4s and have not yet downloaded ios7.  I just heard today there are already bug fixes going in - which is why i decided to wait a few weeks!

ZIP code 33584.   i haven't heard this from any of my friends who have verizon.  everything thinks it is my PHONE!  I did the reset communications suggested on another page.  I had maybe three calls drop over the weekend but i haven't used the phone much.  You can probably tell from my history when a call drops.  I have a PC phone i've been using primarily since the dropping began but that doesn't help when I leave the house  Smiley Happy

thanks,  shelley

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TampaShelley wrote:

hi there,

I have the iphone 4s and have not yet downloaded ios7.  I just heard today there are already bug fixes going in - which is why i decided to wait a few weeks!

ZIP code 33584.   i haven't heard this from any of my friends who have verizon.  everything thinks it is my PHONE!  I did the reset communications suggested on another page.  I had maybe three calls drop over the weekend but i haven't used the phone much.  You can probably tell from my history when a call drops.  I have a PC phone i've been using primarily since the dropping began but that doesn't help when I leave the house  Smiley Happy

thanks,  shelley

The rep doesn't have access to your account through this public forum. They can't see your history unless you type it here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GrammaSheryl
Enthusiast - Level 3

What's up with coverage in Green Bay Wisconsin? I have several family members, all on the Verizon network,  with various phone manufacturers, in the Green Bay, WI area; zip codes 54301 & 54304. We cannot get through a conversation without the call dropping on the Green Bay end. Tonight, from one caller, 8 minutes total, 4 calls attempted, 4 drops. One week ago I had 3 drops during a 20 min. conversation. I had Verizon cell phones in this area for 10+ years and never had a dropped call.

If you lose 1 member of our family, you are likely to lose 8.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GrammaSheryl!

I want you to get great reception everywhere, just like before! I've checked the zip codes you provided and I'm not showing any tickets listed for the area. Since you mentioned all of your family members on VZW are having the same issue, I'd like to ask when this began? Is the issue happening indoors or is it happening outdoors too? Please provide a little more insight so we can figure out what's going on. Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
MrsV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here in Palmer PA!  I went to verizon store and spoke with associate who said it is a cell tower issue!   Later that week I received a call from a verizon person from S Carolina who said the cause of the problem is proprietary and that I could BUY a signal extender.  I have lived in this same house for 9 years with no problems or I could get out of my contract with no fee!   UMMMMMMM this is good customer service????????   Wht's up Verizon??

GrammaSheryl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish I had more specific information. I asked my family in the Green Bay area. They clearly say they are frustrated as Verizon service has been excellent until the most recent months. No one has recorded specific times or places but they say it doesn't seem to matter. They use a variety of smarttphone IOS.  If they are inside a building they have very poor reception. I agree with some of the other posts, I hope this is not intentionally planned to sell signal boosters.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly want you to have a reliable signal that you can count on, MrsV. Are you in the 18043 or the 18045? Is this all over the area that you're dropping calls?

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
cnpallen

I am in Appleton 54913, and I too am having problems with my Iphone.  It is getting very slow data and very poor voice.  My biggest problem is it will show 5 bars (full) signal and still have problems.  I didn't see any problems until after I updated to IOS7 platform.  My wife is having similar problems as well, but she is on her phone less than I am so doesn't see it as much.  As for times, it doesn't matter. I work nights and only have access to the internet through my phone.   Last month I went from using 3-4 GB of data to just over 1.5GB.  That is because I can't load anything up, and it takes for EVER if I have the patience to wait.

0 Likes