Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My caller Id will not work
abryant

My iphone 4 has an issue with the caller Id. It has not worked since purchasing my iphone in December. There is no screen that pops up when a second call is coming in to give me any options to take the call. The only thing I get is a faint beeping to know that a call is coming in!  It also does not show who is calling or show a missed call. The only way I can answer the call is to hang up on the first person. I have reset the phone several times and also when I go to settings under phone there is no "call waiting" to turn off or on at all! This is very frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My caller Id will not work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello abryant! Being an avid fan of call waiting and caller ID, I can feel your pain. You're right in that your iPhone 4 should be letting you know who's calling you and what option you would like to use to handle the call. What I'd like to know is if you can see anything at all on the display of your iPhone. Is the display blank or does it show the details of the original call only?

The reason I ask is to determine of this is an issue with your proximity detector (the sensor that causes the display to go dark when you're on the phone in order to save power). I recommend the following: Make a test call with the phone away from your face so that the display is visible, and then have friend call you. If you can see the call coming in, please remember to move the iPhone a good enough distance from your face to answer any incoming 3rd calls.

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes