My contacts keep changing alphabetically ?
fritzer1984

This is my first smart (?) phone !   A iPhone 4s..

My problem is contacts keep changing alphabetically, even after I reset them.

After I correct them and exit the contacts list, the next time they are back as before I corrected them?

I have used the contacts backup program Verizon has here before as this is something I have not seen before..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My contacts keep changing alphabetically ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't want the contacts sorted alphabetically, how do you want them sorted?

How are the contacts being sorted that you don't care for?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fritzer1984

It seems they are alphabetically!  If I had say Dr. Bob white I might then see White Bob or as it was  Dr.Bob White. Even Dr. White..

On my LC Octane which I gave to the wife as her phone was having problems.

My contacts never changed when I entered them, either last name or just a first name. Those with both never changed either.

Now they are just alphabetically what ever sounds good to the phone is the only way to describe it!

I have changed some and then as I mentioned it changed them on me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can totally see how irritating that this can be! I may have the solution for you fritzer1984. I remember when I first added contacts to my iPhone, the same thing happened. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Scroll down to contacts > Select Sort order > Choose First, Last > Do the same for Display Order First, Last. When adding a contact, enter their name (Dr. Jim) in the "First" field and last name (Brown) in the "Last" field. This should be displayed in alphabetical order in your phone contact book. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes