Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My daughter's 4S is extremely slow, keeps freezing, and uses a lot of data. What can be done?
l2t2jones

This is getting very frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: My daughter's 4S is extremely slow, keeps freezing, and uses a lot of data. What can be done?
nicholasbranson

First thing to do about the data usage would be to see which apps are using the data...

• Tap "Settings" on your iPhone.
  • Scroll down and tap "General" on the "Settings" page and tap "Usage."
  • Scroll down to "Cellular Network Data" to view the amount of data your applications have sent and received. Tap "Reset Statistics" if you want to reset these figures.

I would also make sure she has the most updated software, which can be accomplished by simple connecting the phone to a computer running iTunes. It will let you know if you need an update, and can install it for you. This may help your slowness and glitching. You can also go to Settings>general>software update to check this out, but I would recommend actually doing the update via itunes instead of over wifi.

Other things you may want to try are going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings.  This will not erase any of your personal data, but will frequently correct problem settings that can cause glitches.

Lemme know if none of that works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My daughter's 4S is extremely slow, keeps freezing, and uses a lot of data. What can be done?
nicholasbranson

First thing to do about the data usage would be to see which apps are using the data...

• Tap "Settings" on your iPhone.
  • Scroll down and tap "General" on the "Settings" page and tap "Usage."
  • Scroll down to "Cellular Network Data" to view the amount of data your applications have sent and received. Tap "Reset Statistics" if you want to reset these figures.

I would also make sure she has the most updated software, which can be accomplished by simple connecting the phone to a computer running iTunes. It will let you know if you need an update, and can install it for you. This may help your slowness and glitching. You can also go to Settings>general>software update to check this out, but I would recommend actually doing the update via itunes instead of over wifi.

Other things you may want to try are going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings.  This will not erase any of your personal data, but will frequently correct problem settings that can cause glitches.

Lemme know if none of that works.

0 Likes