Re: My iPhone 4 contract got extended
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Chanho,

I know getting a new phone is always an exciting time! Let's get to the bottom of this. I am following you, please follow me (bobbys_vzw) and send me a direct message with your phone number and billing account password. I can look into what happened.  I look forward to your response.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

, and

Was it really necessary to basically post the same thing to the same user three times?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SFDan

I'm having same problem. Just noticed it tonight as I was about to buy a new iphone. I've been eligible to upgrade since June but have been waiting for the new iphone. All of a sudden the contract end date on my phone (which is an iPhone 4s that I have had for over 2 years) is 9/8/2015. Ridiculous. Need to get this resolved ASAP. I am going to get backlogged for new iphone. Unacceptable for someone like me that has been a loyal customer since 2006.

By the way - I called your customer service a few weeks ago when iphone release date was announce and no one mentioned my phone plan would be extended.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SFDan wrote:

I'm having same problem. Just noticed it tonight as I was about to buy a new iphone. I've been eligible to upgrade since June but have been waiting for the new iphone. All of a sudden the contract end date on my phone (which is an iPhone 4s that I have had for over 2 years) is 9/8/2015. Ridiculous. Need to get this resolved ASAP. I am going to get backlogged for new iphone. Unacceptable for someone like me that has been a loyal customer since 2006.

By the way - I called your customer service a few weeks ago when iphone release date was announce and no one mentioned my phone plan would be extended.

Who on your account purchased a phone on 9/8/2013? Talk to them since they used your upgrade.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SFDan

I'm sorry - do you work for Verizon (Ann154)?  Because that is not exactly a professional response to my inquiry. Clearly, no one on my account purchased an upgrade on 9/8/2013. That is exactly the point of my inquiry.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, she is just another customer like everyone else on these forums UNLESS they are indicated as "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" in their avatar.

As to Ann's comment, I agree. If your upgrade date is now listed as 9/8/2015, then SOMETHING happened on 9/8/2013 which would change your upgrade date. Since you need this answered ASAP, the quickest way to have this done would be to ask the other people on your plan if any of them recently got a new phone. You could also ask the account owner to look at the documents in their MyVerizon account to see what happened on 9/8/2013 which would change your upgrade eligibility. The answer WILL be in those documents. Lastly, you could call CS to find the answer, but if you are not the account owner, you may not be able to get the answer without proper ID which the account owner would possibly only be able to provide.

Posting on a public, customer-to-customer forum is NOT the best way to get this answered ASAP.

Good luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SFDan,

Upgrading is always an exciting experience. We want you to enjoy all of the benefits of upgrading. It will be my pleasure to take a look to verify the accuracy of the date on your account. Were there any devices purchased recently on your account? If so then this may have an impact on the date. If you would like for me to take a look then please send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a 2-3 sentence summary so I can help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SFDan

Resolved. It was a fraud issue. All set now. <br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPad

0 Likes