My iPhone 4s froze during upgrade. how can i get it to work?
weencycle

Hello,

I tried to upgrade my iPhone 4s with the ios 8 upgrade.  The phone is now frozen.  It's just the black screen with the white apple.  That's it.  It's been like that for over an hour and nothing.  I tried to force it to shut down, with a hold on both buttons, but it just goes back to the frozen screen.

help,

Stephen

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My iPhone 4s froze during upgrade.  how can i get it to work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weencycle,

I am sorry to hear that your phone had issues during the software update. We encourage you to reset your device. Please plug it into iTunes and then press and hold the home button and power button at the same time. Once you do this it will force it into recovery mode.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4s froze during upgrade. how can i get it to work?
Not applicable

I never would have upgraded a phone that old to ios 8. no matter if Apple says you can. Apple has been having issues with updates lately. You might want to try an Apple messageboard.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weencycle,

I am sorry to hear that your phone had issues during the software update. We encourage you to reset your device. Please plug it into iTunes and then press and hold the home button and power button at the same time. Once you do this it will force it into recovery mode.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gmac4g8rs

what's next if when you plug into iTunes and press and hold the home button and power button at the same time and it still won't force into recovery mode without going through the update process again just to get back to the same recurring issue?

0 Likes
kristy25

yea what should I do? mine did basically the same thing but i dont have itunes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got ya covered here gmac4g8rs,

This should work. I've done it myself before (not with this update). But if it doesn't I would suggest reaching out to Apple directly for any additional steps.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes