My iPhone 4s kept in pristine condition - no sound after iOS6 upgrade
Tsdubya

I posted about this last week, but I went through a lot of troubleshooting and my iPhone is still not working. I want to know how to get this resolved ASAP, as I use my phone for work and personal reasons.  Not being able to hear calls, text messages or my alarm clock has caused me major issues these past weeks.

My phone has been kept in pristine condition (inside of a case) since day one. I had no serious problems until I did this iO6 update which has completely ruined my phone's sound -- AND the battery drains at a rapid pace, rendering my phone to be unreliable.

Please SUPPORT - I'd appreciate it if I'd get a response about getting a new replacement, as this phone was bought brand new - after my first phone was shipped in a damaged box.

I'm hoping that this can be resolved ASAP.

Please let me know what steps to move forward.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4s kept in pristine condition - no sound after iOS6 upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually this is a peer to peer community forum. If you want to contact support for immediate assistance, it's *611 from your phone or 1-800-922-0204 from another phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Like Ann stated you can call Verizon for help, additionally Apple has now sent out patch updates for the battery issues and a few others such as security fixes etc. Go into Settings-General-Software Update  the update is 6.1.3

This may fix your problem before you call.

You also can go to http://www.apple.com and use the forum there to see if your problem has been solved.

0 Likes
KhmerMami84

I am also having this problem. Ever since the iO6 update, my sound will either work or don't work, its kind of annoying when you're playing games. I will try the 6.1.3 update and see if it'll fix the problem, I'll keep you posted.

-- Maryna

0 Likes
parsyy

My wife's 4s has the same issue no sound from the phone but the headphones work. This after the update. We thought it was just us.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tsdubya
I'm very sorry your experiencing audio issues. Let's get this resolved! Elector gave a great suggestion. Did the software update address these issues? Please remove the case and and check the audio port for any foreign objects. Please try a soft reset and retest. Here's how: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47670

Please let me know if the issue persists, I will be happy to further troubleshoot.

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
EricBobrow

I am having similar issues. A few days ago the sound stopped coming out of the external speaker, although it plays OK through headphones or during a normal phone call (not on speaker phone). I have rebooted the phone and after reading similar issues on Apple forums I tried plugging it in to an Apple power connector (rather than either of my third party docks) and also playing around with the headphone jack. Nothing helps.

I called Apple and they suggested backing up the phone and erasing everything to see if that helps. I'm guessing there is a weird bug in IOS 6 (I'm on the latest version 6.1.3 and that did not help) that somehow makes this stop working, since I've seen many reports online.

I have device coverage with Verizon, I will call them to see if I can get the phone replaced. It's a real nuisance not having an alarm, not hearing the phone ring, and not being able to listen to music without a headset. And I use speakerphone all the time, kind of miss that too.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Before you use verizon let me tell you of the "return the phone to verizon horror stories" which you can read by a Google Search. The phone if they say they receive it back at all which many times they say they don't , or it was an empty box, or there is water damage to the iphone etc. In which case they will charge you $300 to your account so be wary.

Personally I would pay to have an Apple Store repair it if it is broken. This way you get your same phone back and it will be properly repaired.

Do the Verizon route and get a refurbished phone which may be worse than the phone you sent in.

Its up to you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this fixed EricBobrow! I suggest completing the recommendation provided by Apple. If unsuccessful please send me a direct message with your mobile number so I may further assist. Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes