My iPhone 4s randomly lost its service. It is still connecting to the wifi and it is not allowing me to update to ios 7.1.1.
jfrancis95

Help Me

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4s randomly lost its service. It is still connecting to the wifi and it is not allowing me to update to ios 7.1.1.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Let's get your service connecting again, jfrancis95. Are you getting an error message when you're trying to update? Are you updating over the air or by connecting to a computer with iTunes? Try http://vz.to/uLOEAI to reset your phone's network settings. You'll need to reconnect your WiFi after the reset, but it won't erase your phones content like contacts and media.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 4s randomly lost its service. It is still connecting to the wifi and it is not allowing me to update to ios 7.1.1.
Garanimals

Interesting. I was able to update to 7.1.1 but started losing service at random times about a week BEFORE I did update.  I could be mid-phone conversation and screen go black.  Even if my callers hung up because I could not, I would have to do a hard reset.  I could also leave the phone on my desk (stable location, no water or coffee) and then pick it up and you guessed it...black screen.  Almost like I'd powered down.  This past weekend, I restored original settings, to no avail. It continues to shut off randomly.  I'm sooooo frustrated and really want some help with this issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative that you have a reliable device you can count on, Garanimals! I want to ensure we take a close look into this. Does the device power back up right away after shutting down? Is the device fully charged and are you using the factory provided charging?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes