My officially unlocked CDMA Iphone 4 MEID is not available in my network provider database. What shall I do?
sriykanth

I have got a gift from my brother an "unlocked verizon Iphone4 for CDMA (SIM less phone)" from US Market, when I am trying to setup the same iPhone with my CDMA network provider in India (RELIANCE) it is not identifying the network, I have checked with my network provider for the same and they are replying that the device MEID is not found/available in their database to configure to the network settings.

BUT

1. When I connected the device to iTunes, it says the device is unlocked

2. When I checked in the Verizon site for Find your Device ID, the device is found and good to opt for new services (refer the link below)

Set Your Location

THEN WHY

1. The same device is not available in my CDMA Network Providers database, do I have to do any additional settings to make it available in their database?

2. Do I have to request Verizon to unlock the device again?

3. Am I supposed to check with Apple for further information?

I am stuck nowhere, hence I am seeking the Verizon's help to trouble shoot the same issue, to use my iPhone with my network provider's service.

PLS HELP ME IN THIS REGARD

Thanks in advance

Sriykanth

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My officially unlocked CDMA Iphone 4 MEID is not available in my network provider database. What shall I do?
Tidbits
Legend

You have to get YOUR provider to import the MEID. No one can help you here.

Re: My officially unlocked CDMA Iphone 4 MEID is not available in my network provider database. What shall I do?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Wireless branded iPhone 4 doesn't even have the radio hardware to work on international GSM networks.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sriykanth wrote:

I have got a gift from my brother an "unlocked verizon Iphone4 for CDMA (SIM less phone)" from US Market, when I am trying to setup the same iPhone with my CDMA network provider in India (RELIANCE) it is not identifying the network, I have checked with my network provider for the same and they are replying that the device MEID is not found/available in their database to configure to the network settings.

Your provider would have to manually input the MEID into their database. Until they do do, the MEID will not be found/available in their database.

0 Likes