My son put a passcode lock on his phonee then forgot the number he used! Now the phone is locked with only emergency call access. I haven't linked it to my iTunes account yet, so I can't unlock from there can I? How do I get access to his phone to clear t
sapphiremom

My son put a passcode lock on his phone then forgot the number he used! Now the phone is locked with only emergency call access. I haven't linked it to my iTunes account yet, so I can't unlock from there can I? How do I get access to his phone to clear the passcode and regain use of the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My son put a passcode lock on his phonee then forgot the number he used! Now the phone is locked with only emergency call access. I haven't linked it to my iTunes account yet, so I can't unlock from there can I? How do I get access to his phone to cle
lanawhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot iPhone passcode can be done:

1.Press down the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone until it shuts off.

2.Connect it to your computer with the USB cable.

3.Press and hold down the Home button.

4.Hold it down until iTunes says your device is entering recovery mode.

Then you can restore using iTunes.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My son put a passcode lock on his phonee then forgot the number he used! Now the phone is locked with only emergency call access. I haven't linked it to my iTunes account yet, so I can't unlock from there can I? How do I get access to his phone to cle
Not applicable
0 Likes
lanawhite
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot iPhone passcode can be done:

1.Press down the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone until it shuts off.

2.Connect it to your computer with the USB cable.

3.Press and hold down the Home button.

4.Hold it down until iTunes says your device is entering recovery mode.

Then you can restore using iTunes.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

The above works, but to activate the phone, he will need to know his Apple ID Email and password.

0 Likes