My wife's 4S: callers cannot hear her
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not on every call, of course. Paradoxically, ever test I have tried with her phone works. But she says she still makes calls where the called party hears nothing and she has to call back. We have a Home Phone Connect, and that works fine. And while I don't use my 4S as much as she uses hers, I haven't noticed this.

Does she have a dud? Or is this a Verizon (we're refugees from AT&T) or iPhone pattern generally?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My wife's 4S: callers cannot hear her
van64

I am noticing it with mine also....some first time calls - I can't be heard...I make a second call and then I am heard....It happens quite often and unless an answer appears here I will be calling VZ support....that and I and I have the louzy battery life people are speaking of.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

This is happening to me as well, but it seems to be only when connected to a BT device.  Is this the case with you as well?

0 Likes
nsayer
Enthusiast - Level 3
In our case, I don't believe Bluetooth is involved. My wife does have a BT car kit, but is mainly complaining about this when he is at home and not using it.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I have the problem I couldn't hear anythingbut they could hear me on the iPhone 4 but I went the store and they went inside and moved some wires and fixed the problem. They said it could happen on both 4 / 4s with ios5. Maybe it is the same with the opposite problem.
0 Likes
fparker6
It happened to me too. Not all the time. I would say at least 3 times. No blutooth. Just the phone. It happened this morning when I called my brother. He kept saying hello and finally hang up. I called him back and everthing was ok. Very odd. I wonder if it's the phone itself.
0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Is it possible that you are inadvertently hitting the mute button after placing the call?

0 Likes
mzbull

I've had an ongoing problem with this and not a lot of help from Verizon. They kept telling me I must be hitting the mute button. Then they sent me to Apple store to exchange... Apple won't exchange without a tech guy checking it out and appointments there are 3 days out. Back to Verizon and they tell me to call the warranty number. Called warranty number and they directed me back to the store. After all the run around, the store finally agreed to order another phone for me. BUT... check this out https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3404857?start=0&tstart=0    Good luck.

0 Likes