NFL Mobile no longer opening on my ophone4
Eatlessmeat

Hi,

For the past 2 weeks I can't even get the NFL Mobile app to open on my iphone4. Twice I've tried deleting the app and reloading it but that didn't do anything. Help! It's the playoffs!

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile no longer opening on my ophone4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eatlessmeat let’s get you that NFL action. Sorry that you have been having issues. What happens when you try to open the application. Are you connected to Wi-Fi? Are you having any issues with you data? Did the application work before? Please make sure your GPS is turned on. http://spr.ly/6582BXBpj
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Eatlessmeat

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I've been using NFL Mobile practically every Sun (and Mon and Thurs) for the last 2 years but 2 weeks ago it stopped working. When I click on the icon it tries to launch but will not open. Wifi is on and no problems with my data or anything else not working. GPS may or may not be, but I know that app well enough to know that it works with GPS off, you just need GPS on to get it to play particular games, but my problem is it won't even open. I see there was an update on 12/30 and it hasn't worked for me since then despite deleting and adding the app and restarting the phone several times. (I'm kind of addicted if you couldn't tell, at least during playoff time which started this weekend.)

I have kind of an ancient phone, an iPhone 4 with OS 7, so I'm thinking the new update is fancy enough to make it need OS8 or something to run? Annoying -- the app was fine before! There are a bunch of reviews on the app from people who say it stopped working for them after the newest update.

Thanks for your help!

Nora

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eatlessmeat we want you to catch every moment of these play-offs. This was very helplful information. We want to make sure that you are on the latest software on your phone. Could you update to the 7.1.2 version? http://spr.ly/6581BX8p3 After this, test the application and see if it works.
JoelRR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Eatlessmeat

I said OS 7, but I'm actually already on 7.1.2, which my friend who does IT said is the most updated version this phone can have.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eatlessmeat,

Thanks for staying in touch with us on this. I know how much of a hassle this must be during the playoffs. I checked the application requirements on their FAQ and it does say that it should run with any iOS 7.0 or later, so that shouldn't be our issue. Since you've already tried the other basic troubleshooting steps, we would recommend reaching out to the app developer. Normally, you can send feedback and request help right from in the app, but since you can't actually get it to launch, I would recommend emailing the developer support team. They are going to be at mobilecs@nflhelp.com They should be able to assist you with any application issues. I hope this helps!

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The NFL app developers have responded to another person that posted a thread on here saying that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. It appears that it's affecting those of you using older iPhones that can't be updated beyond iOS 7. Hopefully something will get done quickly but it seems like the latest update to the app may have caused an issue for you all.

0 Likes
Eatlessmeat

Thank you very much for letting me know!

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:12 AM, kaebfly <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes