Need some help
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to decide if I should get the Iphone.  I had a Droid and the battery was just horrible.  I like the Droid but the battery is horrible and the market isn't that safe.  I bought the portable battery pack for the Droids. I know that won't fit for the IPhone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need some help
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can have different ringtones for different contacts but you can't create custom ringtones an use them as text tones (only as ringtones). The tones you can use for texts have to be one of the preloaded tones already available on the iPhone. This may or  may not change with future iOS updates...no one really knows.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

Are you asking how good the battery life is? If so, I think the battery life is pretty good. If that isn't what your asking, what is it you would like to know?

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, the battery.  Sorry.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2
I have never had a droid so I don't know if the battery is better or not. I can get thru the day on 1 charge. At the end of the day, is is all but dead, but it does last very well for me. Hopefully someone who has had a droid can tell you for sure.
0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh ok.  Can you custom the ring tones for individual texts?

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

From somebody that converted from a Droid to the iPhone, I have found the battery in the iPhone to be much better

On my old Droid (Eris), depending on how many apps were running (being you can't really disable apps without a potentially damaging task killer app) the Droids battery kept getting worse to the point it wouldn't even last a day, even when using it sparingly and keeping it mostly on standby

Since I have switched to the iPhone, I have never had a problem with the battery, I can get about a day of pretty constant use out of it, or if I only use it sparingly, I can have the battery last anywhere from 2 to 5 days without charging

I have noticed though that on some apps (like an alarm clock app I have in particular), if you keep it running, it will suck the battery life of the iPhone, so you should test the apps first before you leave them running, if they do tend to suck the battery life, it would be a good idea to disable the app (pressing the square labeled button twice for the task list to come up, then holding down on the app until it jiggles)

As for using a certain tone per text, yes, go to the contact and tap Edit, there should then be a option to select a special tone for that contact

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, I really appricate it.  Do you have to download ITUNES in order to do that custom text ring tones?

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

HazelEyedGemini wrote:

Thanks, I really appricate it.  Do you have to download ITUNES in order to do that custom text ring tones?

Well, you have to have iTunes to activate the phone. I don't really think you can have an iPhone without iTunes. If you're asking about downloading it to the phone - it's already on there.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2
You can have custom ringtones on the iPhone, but you can't have custome text, email, or mms tones.
0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought you can use custom ring tones for texts for each contact with an app.

0 Likes