Need to buy a used IPhone 4s
smkunder

Well I just had a catastrophic failure on my LG Spectrum 2 due to my failure to remove my phone from my coat prior to my wife washing.  My question is several of the used items I am looking at in the iPhone 4s indicate that no sim card is included.  Is that a worry?  I do not want to pay full price for a phone at this time, so I am looking at this as a band aid until I am eligible for an upgrade.  I read somewhere that a sim card is not needed for Verizon wireless.  Or is the sim card from my drenched LG usable, or because I have an active account with Verizon, can I get one from them?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to buy a used IPhone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi smkunder- I am so sorry to hear about your phone! I would be happy to discuss your options for replacement. You may qualify for http://www.vzw.com/replacementcpo as an option for a Certified Pre-Owned device through us! If you are going to purchase an iPhone 4S from a 3rd party definitely make sure that it is Verizon branded. Your current phone uses the SIM card to run on every aspect of our network as it is a 4G phone. You current SIM card will not work in the iPhone 4S as it is a 3G device and has a SIM slot strictly for use while roaming internationally. You can activate a Verizon iPhone 4S without the SIM card or we can send one to you if you plan to use it outside of the country. I would also confirm the MEID (unique device ID) with the seller and reference it with us to ensure there are no restrictions set on that specific device. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need to buy a used IPhone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi smkunder- I am so sorry to hear about your phone! I would be happy to discuss your options for replacement. You may qualify for http://www.vzw.com/replacementcpo as an option for a Certified Pre-Owned device through us! If you are going to purchase an iPhone 4S from a 3rd party definitely make sure that it is Verizon branded. Your current phone uses the SIM card to run on every aspect of our network as it is a 4G phone. You current SIM card will not work in the iPhone 4S as it is a 3G device and has a SIM slot strictly for use while roaming internationally. You can activate a Verizon iPhone 4S without the SIM card or we can send one to you if you plan to use it outside of the country. I would also confirm the MEID (unique device ID) with the seller and reference it with us to ensure there are no restrictions set on that specific device. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes