Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need to disable!
bernmtndog

I forgot my password to unlock my Iphone and now my Iphone is in the disable mode. How do I disable it? HELP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need to disable!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Bernmtndog, I can see how frustrating not being able to unlock your phone can be and I’m to help!

I’m not sure what you mean by disable mode. Please provide additional details so I can better assist you.

Are you seeing this message on the screen? Have you tried restoring the device using iTunes?

Here`s how to restore a locked out iPhone if itunes won`t allow to restore it:

Note: This process will wipe all data from your iPhone 4. You may be able to sync most of the data back once you have restored it.

1. With the iPhone 4 disconnected from your computer, power it off. Press and hold the Power button on the top of the device for a few seconds, then slide the red slider. If this method doesn`t work, press and hold the Power and Home buttons for a few seconds until it goes off.
2. With the iPhone 4 off, press and hold the Home button while connecting it to the computer you registered it from. It should then power on.
3. Keep holding the Home button until you see a Connected to iTunes message appear on the screen.
4. Open iTunes and it should provide a message about an iPhone connected in Recovery Mode.
5. In iTunes, select the Summary tab and click Restore and follow the prompts.

When the process is finished, your iPhone 4 should be available again without the need for a password.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes