Network name missing
TennisChic

I currently have a 3G iPhone 4 and I noticed yesterday that the Verizon name is missing on the top part of the screen between the signal strength bars and the 3G/WiFi icon. I have no idea when or how it went away.

Anyone have any idea getting it back? Or is it really worth it, since I'm eligible for an upgrade at the end of February...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network name missing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on a old Alltel plan? What's your PRL for the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TennisChic

I am on an Alltel plan and the PRL is 30082

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there TennisChic!

No Verizon is no good! Let's get it back! If you go under Settings, General, About, do you have Verizon listed as the carrier? Please try and dial *228, option 1, then power the device off and back on. Were you having any issues with making call or texts? Please let us know if you still have any issues with this.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
TennisChic

Thank you! That worked. I was not having any issues calling or texting (at least I don't think so). I am proudly displaying the Verizon name on my iPhone once again!

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: Network name missing"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/924586#924586

>

0 Likes