New IPhone 4 sent damaged
matthew517

I bought a new iphone 4 for my daughter. It was not available for
pickup at the local Verizon store. It was took 5 days for the phone to
arrive.  On Thursday night it arrived and
we noticed a small chip by the camera.
My daughter was so excited to get it.
While setting it up the small chip started to grow in to cracks.  I called Verizon on Friday and was told they
would call the local store to see if we could get it replaced.  My call was disconnected.  I called back and was told there was nothing
they would do for us accept have us file an insurance claim.  They told me we couldn’t send it back and
that was our only option.  I really think
this stinks.  Its not my fault they sent
a damaged phone.  I am so pissed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New IPhone 4 sent damaged
surfdude001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Matthew,

I'm very sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had with Verizon's support dealing with your daughters new iPhone 4. If I were you, I would not complete an insurance claim. I'd simply call back and request to speak to a manager or supervisor and inform him that you were told to take it back to a store and that call was disconnected before he could notate the account. Once the account is notated, you should then able to take it up to a store and avoid several headaches.

I hope this helps you get a new iPhone faster.

Anthony

0 Likes
matthew517

I can get the phone fixed for $20.  Instead of paying 50.00 for the insurance to send a refurbished phone. 

My droid x died and because there was a small scratch I had to go thru the insurance.  Only to find out that my model they did not have.  They tried to send me a older model.  My understanding was if they didn't have your model they would replace it with a newer one.  But that is not the case.

I ended up replacing it with a Galaxy s 3.  Which by far is the best phone i have every owned.

My sons and wife's droid 2 global phones were replaced by Verizon several times.  They kept getting phones that were defective.  Finally I decided to replace them with Samsung Galaxy s 3 and a nexus phone. 

I have no confidence in Verizon customer service in resolving any issues.

0 Likes
matthew517

Here is the lastest in this saga.  I was contacted by verizon and told to take it to a store.  I took it to the store and get this I was told I needed to file a insurance claim.  What a total waste of my time and gas.  Got to love the terrible customer service.

0 Likes