No connection - outage?
jbarl1656

I am not able to use my phone at all suddenly. I have an iPhone 4S. Yesterday the device worked perfectly for 3G usage and wifi. This morning it worked fine with wifi. When I got to a non-wifi area, the phone won't make calls, wont send or receive messages/texts, and won't connect to the internet or any apps. It says "3G" at the top, and I know that my bill, etc. are current and that the services are working for others on my plan who live in different geographic areas. It won't work whether cellular data is turned on or turned off. Is there some type of service outage? I live in northeastern Pennsylvania.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No connection - outage?
Shimmerwing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in Nashville, TN, have the iPhone 4S, had great service until today and now, NO SERVICE!!!    Today is Tuesday, February 18, 2014, and in my search to find out what is going on with service I see your comment.  I share your frustration.  I also hope you have service by now.  Too late for me to go to Verizon store, and I need my phone.  Considering the amount of money I pay per month for two iPhones, etc one would think Verizon would at least have email or some way to contact other than operators, which shows each and every one to be busy.  I bet we get no rebate for our lack of service, either, tho my bill is always paid in full and always paid early.  This is unacceptable.  I have this phone because I NEED it, as I am sure we all need our phones.  Neat little scam Verizon is pulling here....no service and no way to contact via email.  I have been with them for 12 years and if this issue is not resolved quickly I will reconsider my wireless options.  Horrible, horrible customer service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jbarl1656. We're here to help get your phone and the network communicating again! Since this first started, has service returned to your phone? What zip code are you located in where this issue is being experienced?

Not sure if you have tried this, but try powering off your phone like normal, but then remove the SIM card from your phone.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/49046/

For this test, please place the tray back into your 4s without the SIM card, and power it back on again. Did service return? If yes, go ahead and power off your phone , and place the SIM card back inside, and restart your 4s once again.

We look forward to hearing back from your jbarl1656. Thank you, and have a great day.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
matsonck

I'm experiencing the same problem! No service!  I tried resetting the phone and removing the SIM card, as above, with no luck!

Any ideas?

0 Likes
matsonck

Was your problem fixed?  I'm experiencing the same issue!

0 Likes
Shimmerwing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it was finally fixed, with a follow up email from Verizon stating

there had been 'a problem in the area serviced by you'. I am still not

happy with the lack of communication within company. Seems to me when

there is a problem that will affect many subscribers the Tech support

people should be informed as well as the Customer service people. None

were in this case, and I spent a most frustrating morning working on

something that could not be fixed. Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
Shimmerwing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried what you did......lol.......several times. I think there is

nothing wrong with your phone...just the area service. Truthfully, we have

had tornados here in the South that may have something to do with towers,

etc but I still feel as I stated to you in the email I just sent you. Poor

communication from Verizon to Customer Support. I hope your problem is

resolved now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matsonck,

We're here to help you get service you deserve up and running again! Are you located in the same zip code? If not, please provide me with your zip code as well as the type of device you're using. Is anyone else at home having problems?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JeanettieM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG and I have NO service at all.  What is going on???  I have never had this problem.  I tried to chat with someone via the internet, but of course was told to call.  I only have a cell phone and with no service I can't call.  I want to know what is going on  and when will Ridgeland SC 29936 be up and running.  Poor customer service if they don't have a "chat" for outage or problems!!!!!!  They want me to renew my plan and upgrade my phone, but, if they have poor customer service then why would I.  I was told to go find someone who has a land line or a different server and call Verizon Customer Service.  That is very bad if they can talk to you on "chat" via the internet.  That's all I want to know is when Verizon will be up and running in my area.

0 Likes
JeanettieM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I put this on my Face Book:

Verizon is STILL down in my area.  Went onto the Verizon website via my computer (Century Link isn't down) and was told by a girl on "chat" to go to a neighbors home and call Verizon.  She couldn't give me any information.  What poor Customer Service!!!!!  And they want me to renew my plan and upgrade to another phone????  I may change to a different phone company.

0 Likes