Re: No connection - outage?
Shimmerwing
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, we are not located in the same Zip code.  I am in 37015.  I have been a customer since 2001 and at one time I had 4 phones on my account.  I have paid an ungodly amount of money for service, which has been good most of the time.  My phone is now working, to some degree, and I received a message that there had been problems in my area.  Customer reps. on Chat need to know this.  I see that Customer Service is not communicating with all areas in which customers have available when they have a problem.  You can do better than this, Verizon.  We all pay premium prices for our service and we are getting little to NO Customer Service.  Your customers and their issues should take first seat in any and all you do, after all, were it not for us you would have no job.  I missed two extremely important deadlines because of the outage.  I am pissed.  Not one time did Verizon apologize or even offer some type of compensation for the fact that these deadlines were missed due to Verizon's problems.  I regret that I have just signed another two year contract, only two weeks before this happened.  Look at the number of people who are having the same issues!!!!!   As I said, Verizon can do better.  I want to see it happen.  Canned messages and comments are not sufficient.  We, as customers who support your enterprise, deserve better.  I bet if I go to a store and raise some significant hell it will get your attention.  Do not make it necessary for me to take this action.  Yes, I do have SOME service, but I am concerned with fellow customers who do NOT.       We are the people who make Verizon successful.  We are also the people who can make it UNsuccessful.  Your lack of communication within your department and with Customer Service can and should be remedied.

0 Likes
Shimmerwing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh my gosh....seriously?  Go to someone else's house and CALL Verizon?  Rather than being helpful, they seem to be more and more stupid.  Stupid is as stupid does and I am seeing some colossal stupidity with Verizon Customer Service.  My phone is in service somewhat, varying from one dot to three dots and I live only 10 miles from Nashville, TN.  If you can, I would advise going to a Verizon store and lowering the boom on them in person.  I did that.  They do not like it.  I have service now but no compensation for the business deadlines missed due to their outage and poor service.  I wish you the best.  Let us know here on the forum what happens with you, ok?

JeanettieM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup. (Discussion of moderation removed as required by the Terms of Service.) So I guess they only want to hear good things and nothing bad.  I guess freedom of speech doesn't exist on these discussion boards.

I just want to know what is going on and when my area will be up and running. 

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Shimmerwing
Enthusiast - Level 3

My friend, it seems to me that it is time for you to go to a Verizon store,

ask to see the manager and show him your comment that Verizon deleted from

the chat page. Do not take this sitting down. We all need to stand

together and demand this problem be fixed. There is strength in numbers.

Shimmerwing

JeanettieM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will.  I am very unhappy right now.  I was just retold that I have to drive to someones home and call verizon to see what is going on and when we will be up and running.  I have already printed out the comments from them.  This is very sad.

0 Likes
Shimmerwing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Indeed it IS very sad.  Had I not just signed another two year contract

with them, this would be a deal breaker.  I intend to notify all my friends

about this mess as well and encourage them NOT to stay with Verizon.  This

business is inexcusable and what really ticks me off is the fact that

Verizon people  (Discussion of moderation removed as required by the Terms of Service.) I am making copies and will contact my Congressman.

Shimmerwing

JeanettieM
Enthusiast - Level 2

(Discussion of moderation removed as required by the Terms of Service.)  My service is now up and running.  I will be looking around for something else.  I am going to file a complaint, which I am on the phone right now - on hold.  And... they may have lost me as a customer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Instead of saying the same thing over and over again just do what verizon suggested. Go and use a friends phone it can be land line 1-800-922-0204 or from a friend with Verizon Wireless *611

You and the other poster just keep harping on the same thing. Get verizon on the phone. Oh and as good as it feels going to a corporate store and getting nasty will get you nowhere since they can ask you to leave the premesis so that doesn't work.

However if you speak nice to them I am sure they will try to help you. They can call customer service for you if need be.

Good Luck

0 Likes
JeanettieM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in the country.  Going to someones home is driving to their home.  Most of us have Verizon out here because it's what works.  Today is my only day off. 

Why couldn't Verizon just answer my question on here?  Was it too much to ask?  Was it so difficult to look up SC and see what the problem was and when it was going to be corrected?

I just got off the phone with a supervisor where I made a complaint against the girl on "chat" and against this discussion board.  I have been with Verizon for a long time.  Not sure if I will stay with them now.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon very rarely answers questions here. And if they do respond you will have to go back and forth and hope the answer is correct. Then they will ask you to follow them. Wait days until they accept your follow request and by then you will already have your problem solved.

Calling is the only sure way. No matter how long a customer certain things have to happen a certain way. That is life.

One trick I always do is I have a spare cellular line with a second provider. This way I can contact the one I am having an issue with.

Good Luck

0 Likes