No one can hear me talk: iphone4
Linda396
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received my phone and no one can hear me talk. Mute is not pushed. I've tried resetting the phone (soft and full reset) and no change. Have pressed speaker and that works, but don't think I want to talk on speakerphone all the time...does anyone have a solution or should I return this defective phone?

Also tried recording voice memos, nothing is recorded. Very frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No one can hear me talk: iphone4
jansouth

I had the same problem and figured out that I put the plastic protective sheet over the tiny hole where the microphone is.

I had to cut it a bit smaller and preposition it and that corrected the problem.

0 Likes
Linda396
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have a protective sheet. Think it is a microphone defect. Won't record voice memos either.

0 Likes
Linda396
Enthusiast - Level 2

After hours of troubleshooting I determined it was a defective mic. Took back to the store and after 1 hour of them trying to make it work, and 1/2 hour of paperwork, they relented and gave me a new phone. I appreciate the new phone, but shouldn't have taken so long to process. In total, have spent nearly 3 hours at the Verizon store to get a phone and service. They need bar stools, food and a wine cooler to make this process tolerable.