No service on iPhone 4
swimmer81

Hi there!

My iPhone 4 is on the fritz as of about 10:00 this morning. It's either been "searching" for service, or has had no service all day long. I tried turning the device on and off a couple of times, cycling through airplane mode, and even resetting it to its factory defaults, but no luck. Any more advice for how I can get service again? Thanks much.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service on iPhone 4
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting the phone yet?

If you can get service, try dialing *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swimmer81

What do you mean by rebooting? I reset all settings, as well as just the network settings. I haven't been able to get any service all day. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nevermind, I missed you mentioned turning on and off the phone in the original post. This is what is meant by rebooting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and happy swimmer81,

No service on an iPhone is definitely not cool. As your wireless provider, we want you to be able to enjoy all of your wireless service that you are subscribed to. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience that this fritz may have caused you. Rest assured as I’m committed to our partnership on getting this resolved for you. May I ask what city, state, and zip code are you in? Also, is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Below are some steps that I would like for you to try to get your service restored.

• Toggle on and off Airplane Mode.
  • Call *228 from the handset and select option 1 if possible.
  • Do a soft reset by pressing and holding the home key and the sleep/wake key.
  • Retest the network settings on the device.
  • Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  • Perform a restore on the device using iTunes on a computer.
    • Note: It’s recommended to backup all of your personal information before the restore.

In addition to the steps above, here a link from Apple Inc. on troubleshooting cellular connection that you may find helpful. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3780

Once you have completed the steps mentioned, please retest and feel free to post your findings. If more assistance is needed then I am here to continue our partnership on this issue.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes