No speaker sound with itunes and media
rjom

The speakers on iphone 4S work fine for all activities with the exception of itunes and video. Speaker phone works; notification works; ringer works. Everything works fine with the earplugs and bluetooth and volume can be adjusted. Speaker works just fine with calls, recordings etc. Just not with music and video apps. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No speaker sound with itunes and media
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there rjom!

I want you to jam to your favorite music any way you want, even via the speakers on your iPhone 4s. Let's make sure all is working properly!

Now I do want to clarify first that one the "speakers" at the bottom of your phone is actually a microphone. You can see the image of your phone components right here: http://bit.ly/1aZVu9K and scroll down to "External Buttons and Connectors".

To be on the safe side, is your actual speaker working on your device & was it just the mic or is it not working at all? Thanks for the details!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

rjom

Hello Melissa.

Thank you for your response. We have done a lot of troubleshooting so I will do my best to provide you with as much information I can to assist you in helping us figure this out. When playing media, like ITUNES, video, YOUTUBE etc. no sound will come out of the phone. Volume controls will not work; in fact they are grayed out. The volume controls will work with the earplug in and when using blue tooth. When talking on the phone and setting it to speaker, the phone WILL talk through the speaker. Notification sounds also work. Volume is not able to be adjusted either through the buttons on the side nor the volume slider on the display when playing music or video apps. We have looked at the settings and everything seems to be in order. Volume should be working. Since the sound comes through using phone functions but not music/video with the exception of earphones and video, we are thinking there must be a fix. We have done the reset using the home and volume up button. We have not done a full clean reset as we are hoping to fix it without losing everything on the phone and having to restore the music etc.

>Personal info deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Please don't post your personal information on the Forum!!!

0 Likes
rjom

>Duplicate post deleted<

0 Likes
rjom

I did not realize my response by email would be posted on the forum.

>Personal info deleted<

To send a Direct (Private message) Message follow the instructions in the link below:

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rjom wrote:

I did not realize my response by email would be posted on the forum.

>Personal info deleted<

To send a Direct (Private message) Message follow the instructions in the link below:

How To: Direct Message

In every email notification of a message on the community forum there is a few lines of text with hyperlinks to the post in the community. The text is written so to let you know you are receiving this email from the community and you would be replying to the community. The text as written is "Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community. Start a new discussion in iPhone 4 by email or at Verizon Wireless Community”. Only the hyperlinks didn't carryover from copying.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information, rjom. We definitely want to work towards a solution or you. Is your device running on the latest software version? When did the issue begin? I would suggest testing with bluetooth off.

In addition, I would suggest heading into Settings > Sounds and toggle "change with buttons." This should allow you to change volume with the side buttons.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes