Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not Able To Send MMS or Group Text
dj22091

Hello!

I recently transferred over from AT&T To Verizon and have myself an iPhone 4S. Ever since I got the phone last Thursday I have not been able to send either a picture message or a group text to a bunch of people at once. I am able to receive these things just fine, but sending them is where I am having an issue.

I have checked and made sure I had MMS turned on, as well as checked if data (data itself and data roaming) was turned on in the Settings Menu. I also have called *228 and had the phone reprogrammed, but still no luck. (Also have turned the phone on/off, deleted the thread of the person I was trying to send to, tried sending different pictures, tried on 3G/Wifi)

Is there anyway that this can be resolved? I have looked through quite a few of the threads here in Support but haven't seen a true fix. My Dad also got the same model of phone at the same time (as we both transferred) and he is having no issues at all, if that helps at all.

Hopefully there's some help out there, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not Able To Send MMS or Group Text
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Call customer service and have them verify that your number porting was completed correctly.

You can call from a Verizon Wireless phone at *611 or a landline at 1-800-922-0204. I would suggest calling from your dad's phone in case they ask you to reprogram your phone during the process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Not Able To Send MMS or Group Text
soupcannon

Make sure that mms and group messaging is turned on under settings

0 Likes