Not getting my facebook or email alerts.
nyyanks41

Hello. i just got the iphone Monday and tho i have had an ipad for the last year i am fimililuar with all the app's on apple. but when ever i gets messages on facebook. like statues comments. people posting on my wall i do not get an alert sound on my phone. i have to go into the app to see. i just came off a blackberry so i am so use to getting the alert sound for facebook and emails. with that said i dont get an alert sound with my email either. and before you ask yes i have gone into the setting and turned notifications on and the push notifications are on to. i love this phone the only problem is this and the battery could be better.. can you please help. thank you
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting my facebook or email alerts.
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for posting.  In regards to your notifications have you tried resetting all settings in the iphone?  The best way to do that would be follow these steps:

From the home screen>Press Settings>Press General>Press Reset>Press Reset All Settings

Once the phone resets please dial *228 and choose option 1.  The next step would be to reconfigure your notification settings.

Please repost if this does not help.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Is it possible that the alert is happening but you aren't noticing it? I ask only because there are times when I miss my alerts...especially since we can't customize the alerts to something more noticable than the single "ding" alert that it makes. Otherwise, if you're sure that this isn't the issue and your settings are correct you might want to try resetting or restarting the phone to see if that helps. Also make sure your settings within facebook are correct to make sure it's sending the alerts to your phone. You can also try deleting the FB app and re-downloading it to see if that works as far as the FB alerts issue goes.

Your battery issue...could be a ton of things...overall the masses seem to agree that the iPhone battery life is pretty good for a smartphone today. So it really just depends on what you mean by the battery could be better...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for posting.  In regards to your notifications have you tried resetting all settings in the iphone?  The best way to do that would be follow these steps:

From the home screen>Press Settings>Press General>Press Reset>Press Reset All Settings

Once the phone resets please dial *228 and choose option 1.  The next step would be to reconfigure your notification settings.

Please repost if this does not help.

Thank you.

0 Likes