Not happy
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else think that Verizon is dumping on their existing customers, when it comes to the iphone?

I am using a phone I got as a Verizon customer from 2005, a Moto V276 flip phone, because the last 3 BlackBerry Storm 2 I have had have not worked correctly. But because I am in the middle of my 2 year agreement, I am getting told to pay $649.00 for a PHONE or just forget about it. 

To me this is bad customer service and not a good way to retain customers.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not happy
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 4 opions

1) live with a 6 year old phone.

2) try using my 4th new Blackberry

3) pay $240 to leave Verizon, and sign under a family member with AT&T, with a new Iphone for $49.00 and $50.00 a month as a extra line

4) let my contract run out and not use the line and sign under a family member with AT&T, with a new Iphone for $49.00 and $50.00 a month as a extra line.

Time will tell, 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
oriolesbeth1

Well you are in the middle of your contract. That's how it works with all the phone companies.

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

not true, AT&T let any customer extend their contract and get an iphone, even if you where 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 into it.

0 Likes
oriolesbeth1

They probably had to pay something extra.

0 Likes
ja1234
Contributor - Level 1

well I paid full retail in july for my droid x so I could save my upgrade date for when or if the iphone came out. I been a vzw customer since 2002 .... what should I get if I decide to not use my upgrade... that I have saved

0 Likes
AnnistonMedic
Contributor - Level 1

coops2k wrote:

not true, AT&T let any customer extend their contract and get an iphone, even if you where 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 into it.

My guess is that they did that because they knew that the were losing exclusivity, and were trying to get as many customers as possible stuck in a 2 year contract instead of jumping ship to Verizon.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

I have always assumed I would have to fulfill my contract before being able to sign a new contract and getting a discounted phone.  Maybe I am in the minority, but I thought that was how it worked.  Why do so many people think they should get out of the contract they signed?

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess I was not clear, AT&T did that when the iphone first came out.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

When I phone first came out they weren't sure how well they would sell.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

coops2k wrote:

I guess I was not clear, AT&T did that when the iphone first came out.

Yeah but if you were less than halfway through the contract, a 16 GB iPhone 4 cost $399 instead of $199.  So that's a $200 upgrade fee.

0 Likes