Re: Not happy
dueceko131

If you upgraded to a phone with a data plan , like an Iphone

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

dougie011 wrote:

When I phone first came out they weren't sure how well they would sell.

If you are referring to the iPhone 2G, there was no subsidized pricing offered on that phone.  Anyone should have been eligible to buy that phone if they wanted to.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

21stNow wrote:

dougie011 wrote:

When I phone first came out they weren't sure how well they would sell.

If you are referring to the iPhone 2G, there was no subsidized pricing offered on that phone.  Anyone should have been eligible to buy that phone if they wanted to.

You are right, I forgot about that.  I had friends that got that iphone.  Thanks for correcting me.

0 Likes
rockhead

Coops, I agree with you. You would think that they would make good, especially since it looks like you've had to go back to a phone that works and not use the phone you signed your plan with. I've been a little put out with Verizon for this same reason. I bought an HTC touch pro, went through 3 of these pos's withen 6 months. I asked if I couldn't get a different phone and they said yes but I'd have to pay full price. So I friend of mine gave me an old phone, which I've been using for a year and a half. My contract is up this month.

I am going to get the iPhone, it's a good thing Verizon got it because if they hadn't I'd be gone this month. I'm tired of them telling me that phones are as good as the iPhone then they turn out to be crap. I will NEVER buy another HTC and I don't trust the other Droids either.

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not trying to get out of a contact, lets go back a bit.

Feb 2010, sign a new contract with Verizon, get 2 Blackberry storms 2.

34 days later, 1st storm replaced

3 months after that, Verizon replaces 2nd storm, can't find what is wrong with phone. Phone is doubling up contacts on it own

2-3 months after that Verizon replaces 3rd storm, phone not making calls correctly, not one knows why.

Start using a phone from 2005, because it works.

last week, Verizon replaces Storm again, because I can't get a iphone.

So a year ago, Verizon sold me a phone(s) that have a problem and I have come to expect more form them. 

I have been a custom since I had a Motorola Star Tech phone.

Like I said, just expecting more from this company

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

They can't allow this for the iPhone... It's just another phone... Not everybody likes it or wants one... If they do this for the iPhone they have to do this for every new phone that comes out...

A contract is a contract... Pay the full retail like I will be doing x2 $1500

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

In his case, it would seem after a while they would offer an alternative to the phone he has.

0 Likes
rockhead

John, the point is when a phone is a pos you'd think Verizon would give a guy a break. I was told that the HTC I bought was better than the iPhone blah blah blah. I believed them and was excited about it. It last 6 months (well 3 of them did), and then was told by Verizon I'd have to buy a new phone if I wanted to have something that worked. That's **bleep**. I'm assuming Coop was good with his/her phone, I know that I never have paid for phone insurance because I take care of my things.

0 Likes
pensfan0782
Contributor - Level 1

i cant get over how annoying it is people complaining about not being able to get out of a CONTRACT.

if you wanted the iphone so bad, you should have went to ATT or waited before upgrading

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Your HTC should have a warranty. I would use it if it's not too late.

Be sure to buy Apple Care with your new iPhone

0 Likes