Re: Not happy
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

I had ATT but I wouldn't get a signal at some of the places i went,  That is the whole reason I am with Verizon now.......my phone just .....works.

johnvzw wrote:

Others will wait it out but never go to AT&T that is just silly

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

4g, doesn't matter.

What I want is a Phone that will work and hook up with my Mac computer. I love my ipod touch, except it doesn't make phone calls. 

99% of the people I know, that have an iphone with AT&T love it and the service. My sister would not have anyone else, every Verizon has a problem where she lives.

The only reason, I have yet to pull the trigger on the AT&T deal is the data plan.

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

By the time you get the iPhone for Verizon the unlimited plan won't be an option. Only staying around for a few more weeks. So if you cancel Verizon and buy the iPhone 32GB on AT&T for $300 your only a few hundred bucks off from just paying full retail on Verizon

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

johnvzw wrote:

By the time you get the iPhone for Verizon the unlimited plan won't be an option. Only staying around for a few more weeks. So if you cancel Verizon and buy the iPhone 32GB on AT&T for $300 your only a few hundred bucks off from just paying full retail on Verizon

agree, that is what I have heard, so if the data plan goes away, for me there is no reason at all to get the phone.

I would get the $49.00 phone fromAT&T, + $10.00 added line, +$29.99 2gb data plan = less than $50.00 a month

So then the question comes up, if I hook up my 4th BB, and do a data plan, will it be grandfather or not?

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

and just a couple of mins ago, I find out that Verizon said I signed a new contract with the replacement of my first BB, back in March of last year, the phone that was 34 days old, replaced under warranty,  so that my upgrade date was moved a month. 

But I was told, by a nice lady that she would put a note in my account that the date was issued incorrectly and a manager should be able to upgrade from the original date, time will tell.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

dougie011 wrote:

I have always assumed I would have to fulfill my contract before being able to sign a new contract and getting a discounted phone.  Maybe I am in the minority, but I thought that was how it worked.  Why do so many people think they should get out of the contract they signed?

Because they feel entitled.....I am ME, therefore I get.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

coops2k wrote:

tell you what, everyone thinks I want to get out of my contract, that is not what this is about. It's about getting an iphone, and not paying what I think is an out of this word cost.

If Verizon would let me, I would sign a new 3year agreement , finish out my 1 year left and a new 2 year, but that is not an option.

That is not an option, because if it was, we all would have new a new subsidized phone every 6 months, extending our contract out another two years for each one, to where we all would have 80 year contracts and VZW out of business.

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

done venting, my solutions is to wait it out, I will not pay for an over priced phone and then come Oct, maybe stay with Verizon or go with AT&T or Sprint

0 Likes
fsaeed81
Enthusiast - Level 3

With all due respect, you should think of planning better. Im glad I didn't upgrade my service even though ive been eligible for last year and a half, just waiting for the day to do what Ill be doing tonight at 12am :smileyhappy:

It was a pain because I didnt want to upgrade my phone because the iPhone MIGHT come out, but thats how it works. When you sign a new contract, verizon is giving you a discount... That means Verizon says stay with me for the next 2 years... and you get this phone for $XXX amount.. if we reneg on this contract, its not fair for the company... we cannot request this discount again until we complete out contract.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

coops2k wrote:

done venting, my solutions is to wait it out, I will not pay for an over priced phone and then come Oct, maybe stay with Verizon or go with AT&T or Sprint

I just wanted to point out (since no one else has) that you mentioned one of your options was "hooking up your 4th BB" that they sent you... If they send you a refurbished phone and you don't activate it within 30 days, they charge you full price for it. You're saying you're choosing not to pay the ridiculous prices, but I just wanted to point out that if you don't activate that phone, you will. I'll admit I did not read ALL of your posts, so I apologize if you've addressed this.

0 Likes