Not receiving government alerts (amber, weather) on iPhone 4s
moriarty909

My government alerts are turned on for both amber and weather alerts, but I never receive them.  Two other people in my house have same phone but different carriers, and they both receive them.  What gives?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving government alerts (amber, weather) on iPhone 4s
Snn5
Legend

Hard to say.  I have gotten 2 alerts in several years.  1 Amber alert regarding an event 5 hours from me and a weather alert.  All my settings are set to all alerts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi moriarty909!

I apologize for the inconvenience, let's look into this! Have you received alerts in the past? What is your current zip code? For more infomration on Alerts visit: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-emergency-alerts-faqs/

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
moriarty909

Yes I have checked the verizon FAQ and other posts regarding problems with this. The alerts have never worked on my phone - I have had the phone about 8 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand where this would be concerning moriarty909. Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEAs) are an element of the broader Integrated Public Alert and Warning System managed by local, state, and federal agencies in conjunction with the FCC and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). WEAs distributed by VZW will be sent based on specific areas (polygons), defined by location codes and/or entire counties defined by the authorized sender's instructions. For example: Severe weather may apply to a limited corridor (polygon), while winter advisories may apply to one or more counties.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes