Not receiving texts in a timely manner--then getting texts "dumps"
jmusue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had an issue over the last couple of months not getting texts in a timely manner and then having "dump" of multiple texts at the same time.  I usually receive the text dump when truning the phone back on, however, the phone has been turned on and off multiple times since the texts were actually sent.  This mostly happens with incoming picture texts. 

I've also been having problems when texting a friend.  She gets half of my text and half of someone else's text.  We have no idea whose texts she is getting. 

Any ideas on how to fix some of these issues?  Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: Not receiving texts in a timely manner--then getting texts "dumps"
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How good is your signal? When was the last time you updated the PRL? Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the network and dial *228, option 2 to update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not receiving texts in a timely manner--then getting texts "dumps"
jmusue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to see if the *228 updates helped.  It had been quite some time since I did that, however, it didn't help.  I still have multi-day delays in getting some picture texts and my friend just got another text that half of my text and half of someone else's.  It's really quite frustrating.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your zip code? Could the area have a weak signal?

The other option is to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask them to reset your text message feature from their end.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jmusue,

We want your text messages to flow! What's your ZIP code? Check your coverage and see if you are in extended service area. Some services (including texts) may experience some delays when in extended service. I also recommend ensuring the latest software version is installed on your phone. Follow steps at this link http://vz.to/192vYmc to ensure latest software.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
jmusue
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 20176.   I did call customer service and they reset the message service, but it didn't work as a friend just got a half and half text (half from me and half from someone else).  My service is pretty good.  I just checked and my software is the latest version.

0 Likes