Not receiving texts via iMessages or SMS
m074440

I can't send iMessages (they try to get sent and then go through as SMS) nor can I receive any texts at all when contacts reply.  I've tried turning iMessages on and off and resetting Network setting and turning off the phone and various combinations of that.  I also did a full restore and recovery and that did not help either.  I can receive iMessages via my mac but not on the phone.  Other than that every once in a while a text makes it to the phone but overall every other text doesn't make it.  I even tried just turning iMessages off and seeing if I can receive SMS but no luck.  Tried turning my phone off for several minutes and making a phone call after to see if it was my phone dropping off the network and no joy. Still no texts after.  Wifi and a strong 3G connection dont seem to change anything either.  Will appreciate any other troubleshooting tips.

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts via iMessages or SMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi m074440,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Let's look into this. Please clarify, are you able to send and receive standard text messages? Additionally, are you able to access the browser? iMessage is an Apple specific feature.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
m074440

I am able to receive texts when I turn iMessages off, but not from everybody. Additionally once I get on wifi and start using iMessages on my laptop I no longer receive texts at all to the phone, even when keeping iMessage on the phone off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details m074440. When did this start happening? How long have you had your 4s? Do other applications and functions work on the phone? Let's try the very basic, by re-programming your phone. Please dial *228 [send], option 1. When completed, restart phone. Please let us know if this helps at all.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
m074440

I've had the phone for over a year. It started happening last Saturday. I restored it and it worked fine for a day then started up again. Took it to the apple store and they did the same thing. Worked for a day then started up again. Everything else on the phone works fine. —

Sent from Mailbox for iPhone

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the insight. May I assume you're running the lastest version of software on the device? In addition, under the Messages section what is listed under the "Send and Receive" section? Does your phone number appear.

I understand that you've done a restore on the device. Did all the text messages threads that have been sent recently reappear? If so, I would suggest clearing the threads and re-attempting the reset of the network settings.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes