Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old/deleted texts showing up with new texts
sunsmileyjess

I have the iPhone 4 with the 6.0.1 OS Version.  I'm not sure if it's something on my end but a friend that I text with frequently has been getting texts that I have deleted and it's mixed in with new texts that I am trying to send out to her.  It seems to happen about once a week at least and it doesn't display full of both just garbled texts mixed in with old ones and half of the new one.  How can we get this to stop as it's getting frustrating that I have to resend the new text again so she can read what I'm saying. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Old/deleted texts showing up with new texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello sunsmileyjess! Old messages being sent to a friend?? That's such an odd thing to happen! If my phone were doing that, my friends would be all over me. But let's get it fixed, yes?

First, I recommend making sure that your iPhone 4 has the latest software (version 6.0.1). If it doesn't, please upgrade and test again. Instructions on how to do so are at this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
kelly237

Mine is doing the exact same thing..It is someone I text a lot and it
causes lots of confusing messages.

It seems to only happen with one person unless my other friends

don't tell me when they get strange/bizarre texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kelly237, this sounds like a bizarre mystery! I'm on the case. Let's get down to the bottom of it. Try deleting all unwanted text messaging threads in your phone. Additionally, if you've downloaded a third party Text Messaging application from the Android Market, I recommend that you delete it in Settings>Manage Applications> tap the App> tap Uninstall. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Leader
Leader

I'm pretty sure the Android Market (now known as the Play Store) isn't available on iPhones.