One Bar = no service
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

For a few months  I've only had one bar, I live 4 miles away from a tower.  My friends & family are so tired of talking to a dead phone, they now call my land line phone to talk to me.   My brother sits in my kitchen & has 5 bars.   To make things worse, ever since I downloaded  ios-6 my phone is very very slow from the time I push the on button.  Everything is delayed.  I try to take pics, my phone is so slow that I miss the important pics of grandchildren.  My contract is almost up, still debating if I should make a change.    

I've been a Verizon customer for close to 16 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: One Bar = no service
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

FORGOT TO SAY , MY BROTHER IS WITH AT&T!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Z4driver,

For a loyal customer of 16 years, we want to make sure to get you the best service possible. I can understand how frustrating this can be for both you and your friends and family. Now, the problems that you have had, has this been since you updated or was this going on before? While we cannot guarantee service indoors just based on building material, we want to try our best to get you what you need. Do you have the same problems outside? We do have our network extender for customers that need an in building solution (http://bit.ly/AKkC). In terms of the phone running slow, do you normally close out applications? Double tap the home button and press and hold on the applications you would like to close. If you have too many running at once, no matter what carrier you have, the phone will run slow. Please make sure to do this so you don't miss out on those special moments! Please let us know if we can do anything else as we want to stop that internal debate on leaving us! Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

The almost no service (one bar) has been going on for quit a few months, even when I use it outdoors.  I will no pay any extra $$$$ for an extender.  I did post that my brother is with AT&T and has 5 bars in my house, while mine has one.  As faras closing my programs, I do that already, but since I dowloaded the upgrade iOS 6 my phone, it's very very slow.  My contract will be up with Verizon soon.

0 Likes