Re: One year contract option?
hoosprojectpat
Enthusiast - Level 3

mattparmely wrote:

If we only have an "early upgrade" option on the iphone, can we still sign 1 year contracts? Because now that apple/verizon has fixed the bug on their site and has determined that the 2 year upgrade price will still be in effect for people that are only into 13 months in their contracts and are still able to upgrade to the iphone...which is huge new for me!

But could I still upgrade with a 1 year contract? or does it need to be 2?

I have the same question.  For some reason though, I think I read somewhere that you have to upgrade to a 2 year contract to use the early upgrade option.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

mattparmely wrote:

If we only have an "early upgrade" option on the iphone, can we still sign 1 year contracts? Because now that apple/verizon has fixed the bug on their site and has determined that the 2 year upgrade price will still be in effect for people that are only into 13 months in their contracts and are still able to upgrade to the iphone...which is huge new for me!

But could I still upgrade with a 1 year contract? or does it need to be 2?

In order to use an annual upgrade, you have to sign a new 2 yr contract.

0 Likes
CandlerRJ200

according to the VZW rep I just spoke with, she made it sound like you could sign a 1 year agreement... not sure I believe her though.

0 Likes
rbf1138
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would you not believe her? The Verizon spokeswoman for new devices has publicly stated that it is an option, in addition to responding to a tweet I sent her where she again confirmed it would be an option.

0 Likes
Chefmarlin

I'm with everyone here. I too have been loyally and patiently waiting for the almighty IPHONE to come to Verizon. I hope the one year option is going to come true. We are going to go mad talking about this. I wish VZW would be more forthcoming about this but they only announced this what a week ago. We have a week and a half or so to brew over his. I just hope us loyal customers don't get left behind in this IPHONE craze. Here is hoping I don't have to pay the 599 price for what we all have waited patiently for. Also, I think we all have forgot to say one thing to Verizon; "Thanks for finally getting the IPHONE for us." Down with AT&T! J/K. Can't wait to see what happens. 

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Currently there is no information on a 1 year pricing option for the i Phone 4, that does not mean there will be or will not be in the future.   As of now many details of the phones release are being worked out.  We appreciate all your enthusiasm about the device, and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.    

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar for more information.  

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

0 Likes
jordn613

If by no information you mean that the head Verizon spokeswoman said there will be a one year option...

0 Likes
Kyllle
Contributor - Level 2

Haven't heard anything else about this lately. 

Anyone have any more info?

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a one year option.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Based on the FAQ and how I read it, initially only 2 yr plans are being offered.

0 Likes
GoodShepard

I just got off the phone with Customer service at 800- 922-0204 ( I think it is routed to Houston area from where I live) I was told there will be a one year contract option on the iPhone, however the pricing is not available yet to the customer service reps as of today. Hopefully in the next three days we will know for sure.

0 Likes