Re: One year contract option?
Bandit390

Mikelee wrote:

The iphone will be available on March 10th with a 1 year contract. It will cost 269.99. Just a few more weeks!

.....then in three months, we have the iphone 5

0 Likes
Kyllle
Contributor - Level 2

That would be awesome if there is a 1 year contract being offered at all.

My upgrade date in March 5 and I am barely able to wait until then, but I suppose I could wait an extra 5 days until the 10th for a 1 year contract, if this is true.

If I bought my phone on the 5, then on the 10th a 1 year contract option comes out, could I still return my phone (since it's within the 14-day period) and then buy another one on a one year contract?

0 Likes
rescue141x

Bandit390 wrote:

Mikelee wrote:

The iphone will be available on March 10th with a 1 year contract. It will cost 269.99. Just a few more weeks!

Nobody said yet if Verizon would get the iPhone 5

0 Likes
Bandit390

rescue141x wrote:

Bandit390 wrote:

Mikelee wrote:

Well I hope so, the rest of the world will. Plus, I doubt apple wants to have multiple product launches just because of one company. Almost everything apple makes is right on schedule for the new version every year.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Kyllle wrote:

That would be awesome if there is a 1 year contract being offered at all.

My upgrade date in March 5 and I am barely able to wait until then, but I suppose I could wait an extra 5 days until the 10th for a 1 year contract, if this is true.

If I bought my phone on the 5, then on the 10th a 1 year contract option comes out, could I still return my phone (since it's within the 14-day period) and then buy another one on a one year contract?

kyllle....i actually believe that if you buy it on the 5th, then on the tenth you could actually just call and change it to a 1 year contract by paying the additional $69. i have seen other situations where people have done this. however, if they don't allow you to do this, and you do buy it on the 5th and return it to get a one year contract on the 10th, you will be charged a $35 restocking fee. i'd wait the extra 5 days or BE SURE you can just change the contract from 2 years to 1 by paying the $69 extra on the 10th.

0 Likes
Kyllle
Contributor - Level 2

I don't really mind paying the $35 extra if it means getting a 1 year contract. I'm doubtful they'll get all of a sudden start offering one on the 10th though, so I'll just buy mine as soon as I'm eligible, unless I hear anything more about a 1 year option.

0 Likes
tdperry
Contributor - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

Proof, please...

Doubt if you will find any.  3 calls to 3 different CSR's and all stated the same.  Not an offered deal.  My IPhone 4 is going back in about 30 minutes to the store for return.  If the March 10'th deal comes about with a 1 year contract then I'll get it.  I'm not going to keep this thing if Apple follows its normal policy of a new one every June.  That's only a little over 4 months off for a new phone, and then you miss the one next year also (or really, you get it 4 months later.  I'll keep my Droid X until they offer a 1 year or I decide on another Android phone with a 1 year contact offer.

0 Likes
RyGuy64

Has anyone heard anything else about the 1-year contract as an option? I keep calling Verizon and keep being told it's $749 for a 32gb with a 1-year contract which is the same cost as buying with no contract... not sure how that makes sense. I'm getting antsy and i only sign 1-year contracts! If anyone has heard anything it would be most appreciated!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Bandit390 wrote:

rescue141x wrote:

Bandit390 wrote:

Mikelee wrote:

Well I hope so, the rest of the world will. Plus, I doubt apple wants to have multiple product launches just because of one company. Almost everything apple makes is right on schedule for the new version every year.

That's an important piece of information.  AT&T ALWAYS gets the iPhone in June/July, but all the OTHER carriers get them at a later date which was determined when they got their first iPhone give or take a month.  This is done to not overload their servers on initial release.  So if anything Verizon's iPhone 5(or whatever they call it) will not be on Verizon until NEXT year.

0 Likes