One year contract option?
hoosprojectpat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just curious if there will be a one year contract option for the iphone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: One year contract option?
rcschnoor
Legend

Apparently not.

0 Likes
CandlerRJ200

I would assume it would be the normal $70.00 more than the 2 year deal...

if I can't get a 1 year deal on the iPhone, I think I'll hold off..

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

It was mentioned at the announcement that it would only be available on a two-year contract or at full retail.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

When purchasing iPhone 4 at the two-year promotional price, a new agreement is required. However, you will also have the option to purchase iPhone 4 at full retail price, which will not require you to sign a long-term agreement.

Currently there is no information on a 1 year price option for  the iPhone 4.

0 Likes
jordn613

Noah, does that mean they wont be available as an option, or just that pricing for them is not ready to be announced yet?

0 Likes
CandlerRJ200

So.. basically it's get locked into 20 months thanks to you guys getting rid of annual upgrades, or pay $599...

No thanks..

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I wonder if the cancellation fees with the iphone will be the same as other smart phones and if they will be prorated just like today.
0 Likes
GoodShepard

So, when I buy a new Verizon iPhone I will be paying for the phone which has already past half way of its product cycle. I will be paying for the phone which is about 7 months old when it is released. So verizon iPhone custometrs will be off of iphone release cycle by 6 months if I sign up for iPhone in Feb. However, If there is a one year contract option just like every other smart phone available now on VZW, it gives an option for the subscribers who want to change the phone every year.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

GoodShepard wrote:

So, when I buy a new Verizon iPhone I will be paying for the phone which has already past half way of its product cycle. I will be paying for the phone which is about 7 months old when it is released. So verizon iPhone custometrs will be off of iphone release cycle by 6 months if I sign up for iPhone in Feb. However, If there is a one year contract option just like every other smart phone available now on VZW, it gives an option for the subscribers who want to change the phone every year.

However, they have already said that there WILL NOT be a 1 year contract option.

0 Likes