Opening the Iphone 4S box if it arrives early?
k300

Is anyone, (those who are planning on purchasing Apple Care +) going to open their box and activate the phone if it arrives before the 14th.  I've heard when you bring the phone to an Apple Store it still needs to be sealed and Apple Care + won't be available until the 14th.

What you think????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Opening the Iphone 4S box if it arrives early?
kevinpy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well hopefully, Apple will address this issue by early this week, if not I plan to to my Apple store sealed and ask to purchase it. I mean, I can't see them denying people the ability to buy it because it was unavailable for preorders, but I don't want to take any chances. But again, hopefully Apple addresses this by Monday or Tuesday. Enough people have called and complained I'm sure that they will. 

0 Likes
IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

In the past you have been allowed 30 days from purchase of an iPhone to purchase Apple Care. I don't think this has changed since Apple Care is not going to cover anymore than Apple's warranty.

0 Likes
CrossEyed
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can  someone explain to me the benefits of AppleCare+?  What does it cover over and above regular Applecare?  And what does it cost?

0 Likes
kevinpy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well actually it was one year, however the typical insurance underwriting companies only allow 30 days for registration when accidental damage is involved, the reputable ones anyway. When I called I was assured I would have 30 days, and I'm hoping that's the case.

And AppleCare+ is identical to AppleCare, except for 30 more dollars you get accidental coverage, up to two replacements with a $49 deductible. SquareTrade's warranty is similarly priced, Squaretrade is a dollar more, but with typical coupon codes found online expect to save up to 20 bucks. But regardless, with SquareTrade, you have to send the phone in, they offer a 5 day turnaround time, but that could still mean upwards of 2 weeks without a phone with shipping in both directions. Apple will most likely simply replace the phone on the spot. They often did this for free under the old AppleCare, or charge you a maximum of $200 for an out of warranty replacement (accidental damage or expired warranty), but they prob figured that extra 30 bucks will make them more money, which it will. I am going to get the plan simply for the convenience. If you invest in a good case and don't anticipiate any problems, you may not need it, but I have been known to drop phones, a lot, and also tend to be a little rougher than I would like on my electronics. But anyway, it's a good deal for what it offers and it's backed by Apple. which I have never really heard major complaints about when it comes to Customer Service.

0 Likes
Trekkie2063
Enthusiast - Level 3

AppleCare+ is the only plan available for the 4S (despite what the Verizon online store says).  It covers everything the standard AppleCare does (defects in craftsmanship and such) PLUS it also covers accidents (at a charge of $49 per accident for up to two accidents).  AppleCare+ is approximately $99.

0 Likes
bellabaloooky
Enthusiast - Level 3
So if you have AppleCare +, you do not need the assurion plan, right?
0 Likes