Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
iphoneuser85
Member

I ordered my white iphone 4s 16g on the 20th with an estimated ship date of the 27th.  One of the verizon reps said they have been shipping quicker than expected.  I have received my confirmation but no ship confirmation yet.  Anyone order one on the 19th or later that have received a shipping confirmation or the phone early?

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
colemanj
Member

Here's what customer service has to say about this one:

 

"Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience . Due to the high demand for the device , all order shipment have been delayed . We are monitoring your order and will send you tracking information as soon as your orders ship.For further questions or concerns ; please call us back at 866 338 7390 Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm . One of our representatives will be glad to assist you . We appreciate your business , Martha, Verizon Wireless Internet Orders Team"

 

This was in response to my 32g black 4s that I ordered on 12/3, after repeated and multiple attempts to get a straight answer on when the phone would actually be shipping.

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
KathiMR
Member

Well, besides the glitch that messed up some earlier orders as reported by someone, it seems that VZW is getting them out as fast as they can. Since they are apparently in quite high demand they are dependent on getting them in stock from Apple so that they can ship them out.

 

I like mine (16 gb black) but since this is my 1st one, moving from Windows mobile there is a learning curve.

 

One word of warning for those coming from a different smart phone. I went to the Apple store, thinking it's there product so they would be most familar with the best way to set up. WRONG. I have a MacBookPro, but I also have bootcamp & Windows on it with Windows Outlook.

 

Rather than thinking to get all my pda data over via 1st syncing with Outlook, they used a device from Verizon I guess that apparently is the same type of thing used for regular cell phones to just transfer the contacts over. So only that got transferred--minus the contact photos!

 

I then went to the Genius bar to get help transferring in my calendar. I hadn't been thinking straight about that & had used software to convert the data to mac readable format. & rather than grasping that syncing to Windows Outlook to get all the pda data, he used the converted data & not sure what else he did but it lost all my calendar exceptions (recurring events that don't happen certain weeks due to holidays, etc) & many events were in twice. & my email didn't get set up.

 

Late at night I suddenly remembered that, wait a minute--it could sync with Outlook. Woke up with that thought & checked it out. Had One to One training on iPhone that afternoon (after I had gone to the Verizon store to get email set up) after that, another Genius bar appt, this one to find out how to delete bad calendar & re-transfer by syncing. He didn't do it but told me the steps.

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
Chelle1225
Member

iphoneuser85 wrote:

I ordered my white iphone 4s 16g on the 20th with an estimated ship date of the 27th.  One of the verizon reps said they have been shipping quicker than expected.  I have received my confirmation but no ship confirmation yet.  Anyone order one on the 19th or later that have received a shipping confirmation or the phone early?


I ordered my phone on thr 17th and have a ship date of the 27th also, but I haven't received anything as far as shipping confirmation yet...   Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
neur0tk
Member

I ordered my black 16GB 4s on 12/19 the rep told me they are shipping by 12/23 but I only got a confirmation email! I am like a little kid on xmas waiting for the ship email hehe

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
nilsensine
Member

mine will be here on wednesday :smileyhappy:

got the tracking number today

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
Alittleamused
Member

Must be nice. I ordered mine 12/18 and the funds have been taken from my CC since 12/24 and I still have not received a shipping conformation nor are you able to log on to check order status without getting the infamous message stating "We are experiencing technical difficulties  please check back later!" Annoying....

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
Chelle1225
Member

Alittleamused wrote:

Must be nice. I ordered mine 12/18 and the funds have been taken from my CC since 12/24 and I still have not received a shipping conformation nor are you able to log on to check order status without getting the infamous message stating "We are experiencing technical difficulties  please check back later!" Annoying....



I ordered mine on the 17th and still haven't received any tracking either... FRUSTRATED!!!! All mine says on the order status page is "will ship by the 27th"...

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
killerchef8
Member

colemanj wrote:

Here's what customer service has to say about this one:

 

"Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. We apologize for the inconvenience . Due to the high demand for the device , all order shipment have been delayed . We are monitoring your order and will send you tracking information as soon as your orders ship.For further questions or concerns ; please call us back at 866 338 7390 Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm . One of our representatives will be glad to assist you . We appreciate your business , Martha, Verizon Wireless Internet Orders Team"

 

This was in response to my 32g black 4s that I ordered on 12/3, after repeated and multiple attempts to get a straight answer on when the phone would actually be shipping.


I ordered a white 32g 4s on 12/3 and haven't heard a damned thing either. Are 32g models more back-ordered than others?

 

The idea that people who ordered theirs weeks after me are getting tracking information is really infuriating.

 

edit: I just got off the phone with a Verizon guy and he told me that the ship date for this week will be 12/30 - cross your fingers!

0 Likes
Re: Ordered iPhone 4s 12/17/2011
KellyJ
Member
Have you received your phone yet?
0 Likes